Trip Review Jan 15-20 (long)

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Martinagirl, Jan 23, 2014.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't get it Why can't you just move chairs closer to the pool or better yet hop in pool and make your own party ?

I'm beginning to think if the resort doesn't hold your hands and show you this is how you party that you will all sit there like a stump. Lol.

Tell me what is wrong with that picture that you couldn't make it a good party ??

I think it looks awesome

2. Martinagirl

Martinagirl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I guess we prefer to party with other people and not by ourselves? It really is easy to say you can make your own party. We said the exact same thing before we got there!. You do need other people to join in though and when we were there everyone just wanted to lounge by the beach. The music they played by the pool was soft and quiet and relaxing too.

3. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I will stick by what I said. It looks like it would have good potential Plus I would rather be there right now then at work. Lol So maybe that's it :)

4. Martinagirl

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    There absolutely is potential. Whether or not it will ever be lived up to is yet to be determined. It really depends what you want from your vacation, and what you are willing to give up. If you know that you want the constant party atmosphere that TTR has, and don't want to waste your time and hard earned money attempting to create a party that may or may not happen, this probably is not for you RIGHT NOW. If you want to try something new and attempt to get things started and see where it goes, absolutely there is always potential. That could be said for anywhere. People keep commenting that "it could be" or "we can make it be" or "it will be". I look forward to everyone's reviews on their experiences in the future and how the resort evolves, and do hope that people enjoy their vacation at GOV. This review was totally based on our experience, and not what is yet to be determined in the future. It was what it was when we were there, and that's all we can report on.

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    True about the pool party, but for many people the beach will suck them in. It does look quite a bit nicer than the one at Temptation. It'll be different than Temptation is for sure, but that's also good for people who want something different.

6. Martinagirl

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    The beach is absolutely beautiful! And the water is very shallow for a very long way out. It definately could be the draw for this hotel. Except there is no music on the beach and no entertainment or reason for people to interact with each other. Obviously something they could fix fairly easily.

7. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Aha! So I'm thinking what future groups need is a good beach kit: loud iPod speakers, several cans of AIWC, and something that will invite mingling, like some frisbees or footballs. Set up a little tailgate party, and I bet you'll get some fun people to wander over.

8. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    Well, the lack of chairs doesn't make it inviting for people to hang around the pool. When we were are TTR, we had a group of 10-12 people hanging out at the pool everyday. If each of us was to save a pool chair at GOV(which we never do, but for arguements sake...) that only leaves 3-5 chairs left poolside. Sure we would have a fun party, but only leaves a few others who might get involved. I think most would head to the beach to find seating, and just chill out all day. We enjoy the beach, but usually only spend a couple hours at most in the ocean on vacation. We really enjoy mingling and meeting others at the pool/bar. Thats how we have met some of our favorite people. Seems like something that could be fixed easily. More chairs, and some upbeat music to get everyone moving.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    People at TTR tend to be around the pool seeing the Ocean is not so inviting,
    GOV is the opposite, so bring the party to the beach if need be

10. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Well we're beach people. We usually split out trips between party place, usually
    TTR and another resort where the beach is great, usually Riveria Maya / Tulum
    area. Big bonus for snorkeling! Beach at GOV looks nice. I also have no
    problem what-so-ever carrying lounge chairs from where-ever, to be where
    we need them. I've even done this for others who we meet and want to group
    up and get the party going. Done this at every resort we've stayed at and as
    long as we weren't blocking walk ways or building bunk beds it's never been
    an issue. Looks like a real fun group end of Feb and we're going to make the
    most of it while we are there! Of course this is only my opinion. My wife is
    getting very discouraged by all the latest reviews & complaints and would
    gladly jump ship to a different resort. Playing it by ear for now.
    :popcorn:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice