Trip Review April27th-may4th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Edward-Alli, May 8, 2018.

1. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Hi everyone this trip was our 4th visit and 1st one as a premier member and 1st visit since the renovation. For those who are interested in becoming Premier members this is what we did late last year. One of our group bought a large membership 350 nights with the intention of spitting it up with partners which are called (beneficiaries). In our case we ended up taking 87 nights. This way we are all premier members and can use at same time and have same perks and not spend the 15+ grand for full membership. It was totally worth it.

Let's start with the flight. We found a new airline flying out of Toronto called Interjet Airlines which is based in Mexico. This airline was $500-600 cheaper then any other Canadian airline and offered large legroom, free liquor, snacks and sandwiches. I have to say fucking WOW, seats were wide you can stretch your legs out, not alot of people on board knew about the free liquor, when stewardess arrived at our row I ordered a Jack Daniels with coke, I was expecting them little shot bottles of liquor. Nope she poured me 3/4 of a glass of JD and gave me a full bottle of coke. Got a buss going now. Well the guys beside me saw me order so he pulled out his wallet and ordered beers for him and his buddy after the stewardess left he asked me if it was free and stewardess never asked for payment. I said yeppers, everyone behind our row heard this and started ordering alcohol. Lmao definitely will fly with them again. The fly out of Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, New York, Chicago and several other cities. You should check them out.

On arriving to Cancun airport, we landed in the new terminal only flight that arrived at this time, we breezed through customs no more red light green light button, straight outside after a couple of minutes we found the USA transfer guy and of to the resort we go. WOW the quickest we ever made it through the airport. We arrived at Temptation just before noon. Went to the premier office to check in, still after just buying the membership they are trying to get us to upgrade. Not Cool!!!. We got our room right away. Plush Jacuzzi room, 1st floor in front of quiet pool. The room was nice everything worked, A/C and Hot water was good, no problems. Our butler was Richard, good looking guy but after 2nd day never really saw him again.

After settling in we went to Amores restaurant for lunch. Was not overly impressed with food, I like the old margaritas better. Went to quiet pool for awhile to wait for our other party to arrive.

RESTAURANTS.

SHE - 2 hours, 8 courses of 2 bite portions of weird type of food, pole and belly dancer show. Not impressed ended up getting a bash burger later.

FLAME- steaks are average no wow factor like before. I loved the steaks at the old margaritas

SULTRA - Amazing the best restaurant in my opinion. Make sure to reserve the front row the chefs are amazing to watch.

Romanza- Italian restaurant, was nice, unfortunately I did not see the third page of menu so I ordered the cannelloni which was good but would have tried a meat dish if I saw the 3rd page. Service was slow wanted to see the sexy coffee show but waiter never came back to table so we left.

SEA FLIRT- was the 2nd best restaurant, the served the best breakfast. The dinner was awesome we had our premier lobster dinner, I ended up taking both lobster tails while my wife had beef as she does not like seafood. Everything was great.

RAIN- buffet restaurant was terrible, had no variety, the buffet was half the size of what it was before Renovation. Was not impressed at all.

SKYTOP- was very good, the food was awesome, the scenery and atmosphere is the best. We spent a few hours up there well worth it for a quiet time away from the party.

Premier Members Dinner- was awesome had a great spread of food we enjoyed it very much and would like to see it continue in the future.

To be continued....

2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Now you know why I raved about InterJet back in January/ February.
    They are fantastic.
    Just used them again last week.
    Had 6 flights with them now.
    Way better than WestJet or AC

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Think I am moving to Canada just so I can get these flights :)

Nice review so far.

Honestly surprised though they allowed the splitting of a membership like that, and then for you all to be able to use it at the same time.

4. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    I think it is becuz they utilized the beneficiary portion.

5. Edward-Alli

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Yes you just add beneficiaries to your membership, it costs a few bucks to add names. But all can use at same time as we just did last week, we all went last week. Interjet also flies out of certain US cities as well.

6. Edward-Alli

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Continued...

The sexy pool is huge covers the whole back area of resort. After spending an entire week at the pool in my opinion I believe the pool to be too big, I liked the smaller more cozy pool of the past. The people are spread out too far. The whole week I maybe saw 1 or 2 body shots, that was a disappointment. Maybe we needed more of our group there. The depth of pool was a problem for some, We knew this and brought with us drink floaties which came very handy. Buy the bigger ones from Michael's or Wal-Mart not the dollar store ones as they tend to flip. The bigger ones hold medium sized bubba mugs. Everyone was envious of our floaties. Floaties will save you from raising your arm above the water in order to save your drinks.

The large Hot tub is awesome addition to Temptation, only downfall is that it closes at 7pm, should be open all night. The party usually moves up to The hot tub between 4 and 5pm and gets very cosy up there.

Bars- the sexy pool bar is huge and separated, the bottom is the swim up bar and has 3 drink stations but unfortunately they only use one of them most of the time, not enough bartenders available. The upper portion usually have 2 bartenders. Should be reversed.
    The Premier bar has the best drinks in our opinion.

The Bash nightclub has 2 bars close by. The outdoor bar and Lobby Bar are well staffed and easy to get drinks. Lots of waitresses for table service. Bash itself is big but unfortunately separated by a raised dance floor most of the party is near the bar side, buffet side is quiet. Dance floor is very dangerous we never attempted to go up there, we saw one gentleman who had fallen from the dance floor and broke his leg he spent the week being pushed around in a wheelchair. I really do not want to visit a Mexican Hospital so no dance floor for me.

A big big no no, for being Premier members we can use the cabanas at bash which are reserved for premier members well the resort let white band members who bought bottle service to use them and tried to kicked us out. Well that did not go well with us and started an argument with night manager and the bunch of single white band members who purposely tried to block our view by standing in front of us. This needs to be corrected immediately. This was the problem the whole week, but we compromised with the single guys to avoid arguments.

Bash burgers were good and a good selection of food for late night snacks. Didn't eat there much though.

Room Service was amazing. We used it alot of breakfast, as for some reason this trip I liked to sleep in a bit which was not normal, usually up at the crack of dawn walking on the beach, even after crashing around 3-4 in the morning.

Overall - The resort looks very pretty even though many things are not practical, like the furniture. The resort in my opinion lacks the coziness and has lost some of the party atmosphere from past years, maybe it's the resorts plan to make it more upscale. I really missed the sports pool, no more naked volleyball or water polo, or skinny dipping. The Playmakers were awesome though, alot more of them and they are very socialable coming up and talking with you, dancing with you late at night at bash. Lollipop and Shelby were awesome. The skytop was amazing, awesome views and food, 2 hotubs and pool overlooking Bash and sexy pool and ocean. Spent an entire day up there and 2 other visits. Will we go back, definitely!! It's the people that you meet that makes this place good, it always has and will in the future. Till Next year Party On!!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  8. maxsteel

maxsteel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 0
    which of those restaurants require reservation?

9. Edward-Alli

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    SHE and Sultra need reservations but restaurants usually not full might allow walk ins. All restaurants except buffet and flame need dress code no shorts or flip flops

10. maxsteel

maxsteel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 0
    thanks!!!
    very useful info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice