Trip Review 7/14 - 7/18

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GandC, Jul 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    He was referring to the weaves themselves as the tarantulas. Which is actually a pretty common weave joke (especially when left on the ground after being pulled out during a girl fight). Just like girls make fun of blond hair extensions saying they came from a cabbage patch doll. Also similar to those silicon bra pads being called chicken cutlets. It's all just slang with fake beauty products. And again I will remind the group being from Philly, and being associated with the Jersey shore, I hear them all, hahahhaahaha.

2. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Yes, I understand from reading the text he was not directly saying black people = tarantulas. He was trying to joke about their hair extensions resembling tarantulas. Arguably, the attempted joke is at best tone deaf. But between that and other commentary towards MochaFest made by the poster, for him now to go "but I never said black people" and throw the "you must be the racist" seems pretty damn disingenuous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Another racist on the forum, as that is what YOU infer! There are all races at the event.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2021
  4. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    You can try to twist it now however makes you feel better

5. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Really…are we that sensitive now? Pretty sure OP was commenting on the visual appearance of a hair style? Maybe it fit but maybe it doesn’t? But now we are seeing “cancel culture” on here (“not ok ever”???). Sounds like a “judgement” to me???
    Do we equate “chrome dome” with white bald people now? Is that “not ok ever” per the new world order? It’s a close call between judgements, opinions and observations. What I find funny is how almost everyone on here (including me) is avoiding saying outright what most everyone who has been there recently knows or has experienced. Why is that? Because some will call out that it’s “not ok ever”? Because it is too easy to throw the racist label on someone today?
    Sorry, sometimes it is more than ok it is absolutely necessary and sticking your head in the sand, avoiding the truth or hiding behind a popular (at the time) flag is what is not ok…..ever.
    I am sure that given all of the conditioning and wokeness going around that I may have possible offended someone (or alot of someones) with the above opinions and observations. Sorry, not sorry.
    I spent 13 years serving, following and fighting alongside side people of all colors , I consider them my brothers, and against people of all colors. The main difference between cohorts was the content of their character. When that content is on display for all to see why is “not ok ever” to call it out?
    If the shoe fits, wear it…..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2021
  6. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Well I will just lay out here and take it however you wish. I know some of the MochaFest promoters and showed one of them this thread (since it related to their event and people potentially claiming affiliations that don't exist). He (a black man) found the post about weaves and spiders to be quite offensive as it did seem to compare black people to spiders.

Whether it was the true intent of the original poster of the comment to be offensive or racist, that was how it was taken.

7. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    14D2AD6A-2B79-429A-A4D0-ECBF634E4F09.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    well I take offense to anyone taking offense. Give it up, funny his funny and the truth hurts. You lost an intellectual argument. I’m sure it won’t be the last. You are the literal definition of a racist. Own up to it, stop making excuses. If I knew the event organizer, I would let them know I’m not cool with violence, rude behavior etc. Instead you talk about having your wittle feelings hurt. Wuss

9. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Again, if your ramblings somehow make you feel better, I guess go for it.

10. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Why don’t you guys just get a room? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice