Trip Review 7/14 - 7/18

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GandC, Jul 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4

Agree. We got there once a few years ago, the last 2 days of Mochafest. 100% agree. The absolute worst, pushy, loudmouth, entitled group of assholes Ive ever been around at TTR. And to top it off, they treated the staff around the pool like SHIT!

We actually had a group of about 5 of them takes our towels and bags off our chairs, and drop them over by the building. When I asked "what are you doing with our stuff?", the reply was..."WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM DOING??" It didnt end there. I got my chairs back. Guess I was supposed to act scared. Not gonna happen. This seemed to be the general attitude no matter where their groups were. Saw several other incidents like this around the pool and at Bash.

We will never go back when that bunch is anywhere near TTR.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    No straws. We bring our own reusable straws for our mugs but drink out of the cups.

3. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    well you got lucky with last two days. we ended up being there for 10 days of the crap!! some were nice but most were very rude! when walking the hall greeting with a friendly good morning ect. to having people look at you like you are some sort of insect, well thats not TTR! and yes the workers there hated every min of them being there!! we had a quiet room for that trip, but it wasnt very quiet!! had music blasting and yelling up and down the hall until about 4am! i get people are on vac but so is everyone else! and like you said we will never go back when that group is there!!

4. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0

10 days? MochaFest is only 5 nights. Good news, the event is always Columbus Day weekend so easy to avoid even if next year's event dates haven't been posted yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    that is very helpful! thank you. i actually ment we were there for 10 days. some overlapping. but was the worst trip of our whole time going since 2009. we never have bad trips.

6. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    This post is interesting as it connected to some major complaints in the Facebook group about a takeover in June with a very large group of rowdy, disrespectful, drunken idiots, that refused to follow the rules. It almost stopped me from booking.

I was a bit confused in that post as hotel "takeovers" tend to involve the entire resort being bought out by the group, rules change for these events but they have the entire resort so it doesn't matter. In this case it seemed that there was a takeover but only of part of the resort, which I couldn't understand how that would work. I think the post here kinda confirm the end theory on Facebook before that post was shutdown, which was that it was not an authorized group. It was 2-3 hundred people that booked individually at the resort. It was organized by someone who may or may not be associated with Mocha Fest or just marketed to those members but it was not Mocha Fest and it didn't really have any true organized leadership. Temptation apparently did not know about this group in advance Why Temptation didn't act to shut that down quickly is beyond me. Most resorts have restrictions on groups and require them to book under the group program. I personally think the resorts knew this stuff was going on but to get through this very tuff time they were taking whatever money they could get.

I know Eldorado Sea Side had a issue a few weeks back and Planet Hollywood had some complaints that sounded similar. One was claimed to be a bachelor party / "people who met at the resort" but several creditable complaints put the group at over 100. Another has 75 or so people from a supposed meetup up group that would occupy the buffet half the night. I think with the ultra cheep rates that were being offered some young entrepreneurs decided to plan some large group events without approval from the resorts. My hope these days are going to be behind us now that the ultra cheep rates are gone and prices are more back to normal. Just need the last of the budget bookers to churn through. July and August were bound to be the worst months as they were the cheapest of the cheap rates at one point.

7. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    @yesanddave you are correct in that there was no official MochaFest event in June at TTR. The dates in question (IIRC) were the same dates of a smaller event MochaFest's organizers do annually at Hedo. As someone who is in quite a few groups related to MochaFest, I saw no mention of planned alternate events at TTR.

8. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Where did I say “black people”? Sounds like you are a racist to me!!! Next time I’ll post a trigger warning for idiots like you!! You should go during that time, you might actually get lucky!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2021
  9. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Awesome review thanks for taking the time to write it. I have some of the same feeling about the phones and the vibe at TTR. Wife and I are trying something different this year and going to Jamaica.

10. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You referenced MochaFest (an event almost exclusively attended by black participants) and your having confused weaves for tarantulas, but now suggest you weren't referring to black people at all?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice