Trip Review 7/14 - 7/18

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GandC, Jul 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks Steve...
    Man I am getting old!
    I had mixed up JJ’s age with Chino’s age!

But, hey, I am in my 60’s too.

2. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    yep much older than when we started going! where does the time go? but as we are not ready for the rockers yet, we will keep going back! party on sept!!

3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    We have been during moccafest in 2019 when my wife worked for TTR. Was worst trip we have ever been on. As a matter of fact, haven’t been back since. I’m sure you are holding back, but it was terrible. By far worst guests I have ever been around. Will literally never go back around anyone associated with that group. I literally thought after the multiple fights that large tarantulas were running around, but realized it was just weaves.

QUOTE="ScubaSteve, post: 957017, member: 31227"]OK I still need to do a full trip review. But just really quick cause this thread has legs. Our last trip June 18th -27th...The first 2/3rds (minus the very blurry first 2 days because our crew was just on overload) were FANTASTIC!!! It was just like the old Temptation, the vibe, the people, the games, what you could get away with, literally everything. There were people doing the "phone thing", which I have just come to expect in 2021. Then on Thursday it completely changed. 4-5 very large groups came in that were staying through the weekend (just short 3-4 day trips, not guests that book a week+ of vacation like I am more accustomed to). They said they were not directly connected, but essentially the group leaders had connections to MochaFest. So multiple groups of friends and acquaintances just decided to plan their trip around that time. The resort went into switch mode. It was all tops on and one-piece suits, stuff didn't feel sexy but more raunchy, music changed, the normal games morphed into more twerk contests, (not all) but many guests were more rude, entitled, and selfish-mannered, and the staff made several comments to me that they were personally unhappy with they way they were treated and there was a complete lack of tipping. I am not trying to peg anyone or point fingers at a particular group, I am just commenting on what I saw and heard. I think if this newer trend keeps happening, many old guests (even the younger crowd) will start vacationing elsewhere. It's not the scene/music/culture/ambiance that everyone likes. Like everyone has been saying, maybe the price point has been lower for a while, and it's bringing in less mannerly guests.

Please don't kill the messenger on this, just trying to be clear and helpful/informative.

IMO it's becoming increasingly more critical to make sure you book at a time when lots of old guests (not meaning age, meaning tenure), close friends and fellow CancunCare members will be there during your stay. Just a random booking of dates, where you would meet new people that share similar interests and styles, could get you into trouble and impact your vacation.

Like Steve said, I am not ready to do the Desire thing yet. Not that I care about being naked, but lots of exposed dongs, plus the additional cost aren't things that really appeal to me for a 10 day trip. I do like things more upscale, which again IMO is what staying in the tower, not eating at the buffet for lunch and dinner, and going to the Skybar at times help with, but that crowd is a major part of any great Temptation trip.[/QUOTE]

4. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Just got back from our second trip and the vibe and crowd has definitely changed from previous trips. The Club crowd is definitely taking over. There were single groups all over and seem to take over the vibe of the resort. Too many pictures and drug use was present. The sexy vibe is slowly being taken over by the raunchy vibe. We started going to TRR because it did have a sexy and romantic vibe for couples. The new club atmosphere is leaning towards raunchy and approaching trashy. The raunchy rap is always present and gets exhausting at times. I get tired of the emphasis on twerking and do not find it sexy at all; just my opinion and too much of that gets old quickly. If TRR is not careful the romantic feel of the resort will disappear. If I was on the fence about becoming a premier member, my mind has been made up to not spend that type of money on a club type vibe. We like TRR so much but at times we were exhausted with the antics at the sexy pool. The resort is beautiful and the restaurants are great but at times you can't even hear yourself think in the restaurants because of the single groups just being too loud, it was very difficult to have a romantic dinner. The club crowd seems to make sure that they're seen and heard. TRR is turning into a tryst/hookup vibe vs. a sexy vibe. Rule breakers are taking away from the resort and it's not right because the staff at the resort is the best I've every seen or experienced at any other resort. Let's hope the stimulus money runs out and the Canadians and Europeans are able to start visiting to thin out the single groups and club crowds. Also things are getting weird around the pool, we went to lunch one day and came back to someone lying in our chair on top of our items left under the towel; get this we were asked if we wanted our seats back and if we wanted the items she was lying on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  5. MandyJoJo

MandyJoJo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0
    You just compared black people to spiders. Not ok. Ever.

Your judgement is not the Temptation we all love.

Stay home.

[/QUOTE]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    Be careful or the board's watchdog might attack you for the pictures comment. But I forgot all about the pot use. We had our chair in the group of six just outside of Sea Flirt and there was a girl lighting up a Bob Marley spliff and smoking it out in the open with no concern. One night a guy was passing one around as he sat on the riser of the DJ stand at Bash. Security walked by numerous times in both cases and nothing was done.

Wow. Just wow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    That's insane, what nerve. What did you say?

8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Random question: were there straws at the resort? We were there in March and they didn't have any straws. (Oddly tho, we went to Desire Pearl the same week and there were straws there) Just want to know if I need to bring my own straw(s)

9. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    I just said calmly said "Yes" we want our seats and our things left there. I got the eye roll but we did get our seats and things.

10. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +274 / 0
    Random question: were there straws at the resort? We were there in March and they didn't have any straws. (Oddly tho, we went to Desire Pearl the same week and there were straws there) Just want to know if I need to bring my own straw(s)

We have been twice this year, once in March and once in June, There were no straws, so we just bring our own.
    Our check list is now, Neosporin, towel clips, and straws ...
    Have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice