Trip Review 7/14 - 7/18

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GandC, Jul 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    The dinner vibe? Ok…. In my opinion everyone loved pictures, and memories from their trips. Composing about people on their phones is as tiresome, as the act itself. People have been literally doing that for 15 years. Get used to it.
    Your opinion is fine with me, just don’t understand why other people doing their own thing is bad.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yep JJ is 60+ now. Chinos is 55, Omar too. Sarah69 is 42.

Even I am older than I was 20 yrs ago.

We all get older, the guests don't really get younger. Only comparatively to us.

New blood brings new trends and habits that us oldies don't jibe with. New music that isn't on our playlist.

You know when you're done at Temptation.............you book Desire.

I'm not hanging my Temptation boots up, just yet.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We thought TTR made you younger... clearly that's not working for some LOL

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    OK I still need to do a full trip review. But just really quick cause this thread has legs. Our last trip June 18th -27th...The first 2/3rds (minus the very blurry first 2 days because our crew was just on overload) were FANTASTIC!!! It was just like the old Temptation, the vibe, the people, the games, what you could get away with, literally everything. There were people doing the "phone thing", which I have just come to expect in 2021. Then on Thursday it completely changed. 4-5 very large groups came in that were staying through the weekend (just short 3-4 day trips, not guests that book a week+ of vacation like I am more accustomed to). They said they were not directly connected, but essentially the group leaders had connections to MochaFest. So multiple groups of friends and acquaintances just decided to plan their trip around that time. The resort went into switch mode. It was all tops on and one-piece suits, stuff didn't feel sexy but more raunchy, music changed, the normal games morphed into more twerk contests, (not all) but many guests were more rude, entitled, and selfish-mannered, and the staff made several comments to me that they were personally unhappy with they way they were treated and there was a complete lack of tipping. I am not trying to peg anyone or point fingers at a particular group, I am just commenting on what I saw and heard. I think if this newer trend keeps happening, many old guests (even the younger crowd) will start vacationing elsewhere. It's not the scene/music/culture/ambiance that everyone likes. Like everyone has been saying, maybe the price point has been lower for a while, and it's bringing in less mannerly guests.

Please don't kill the messenger on this, just trying to be clear and helpful/informative.

IMO it's becoming increasingly more critical to make sure you book at a time when lots of old guests (not meaning age, meaning tenure), close friends and fellow CancunCare members will be there during your stay. Just a random booking of dates, where you would meet new people that share similar interests and styles, could get you into trouble and impact your vacation.

Like Steve said, I am not ready to do the Desire thing yet. Not that I care about being naked, but lots of exposed dongs, plus the additional cost aren't things that really appeal to me for a 10 day trip. I do like things more upscale, which again IMO is what staying in the tower, not eating at the buffet for lunch and dinner, and going to the Skybar at times help with, but that crowd is a major part of any great Temptation trip.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  5. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    We were eating outside at SeaFlirt and the couple at the table two down was watching a show, or movie, on their phone. If they had been next to us, I would have said something, but it was tolerable with their distance to us. This is just what people do these days. I am literally looking out my window right now and this lady is walking her dog watching something on her phone. Can't even take a 5 minute walk without her phone. People are addicted, and it's only going to get worse. My advice is to raise kids now that know how to communicate, use a phone a moderate amount, handle a meeting with peers, and can public speak. In 15 years 85+% of people won't have any of those skills, and people with those abilities will end up being able to crush it in the real world, depending on their industry.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    @ScubaSteve when you say basically Mocha-Fest, are you suggesting these individuals were connected to the actual MochaFest event somehow? Or just same demographic? Genuinely curious.

7. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    No I was most certainly not trying to generalize a demographic. Which, I hope people can understand I tried explain accordingly. Several of the organizers of the various groups said they also go to mocha-fest, and will be back for that, and perhaps another time in-between. So this was like not the official event, but a smaller subset of the some of the people and their additional friends.

8. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Thank you for clarifying. It sounds like these were likely just random guests who happen to also attend MochaFest as well (Since I believe the main organizers of MochaFest had an event at Hedo during your travel dates). As you may (or may not) know, MochaFest is what brought us to TTR initially and is why we are coming back. However, we are staying a few days after this time to try to experience some of the regular TTR vibes. Like you said, MochaFest isn't for everyone. We have friends we met last year who are TTR regulars and black that said they didn't care for the MochaFest vibe as much either.

9. Jirka

Jirka Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    I totally agree to what you are saying and also totally believe that the people there at the same time as you, can make a WORLD of difference to the overall atmosphere, basically even make or break a trip…

However for people like us, we made friends last trip for life, but getting that exact group together again, them being on other continents with other off periods and so on…Will just be too hard to organise. So news like this about TTR will forcefully make us turn our back on the hotel.

It’s not worth the time (ESPECIALLY after not being able to travel outside the EU for nearly two years now o_O plus it does cost us a we bit more to get to Cancun) to get into a situation where I will most likely explode and get into trouble with others or hotel management, plus the Misses not being comfortable or even afraid of walking around alone at night, will just be hell -> Not a TTR vacation.

We weren’t at “the level” of a Desire or Hedo trip, but really with what we know now…We might make that plunge quicker than we foresought. We REALLY need a hot hot hot vacation STAT :cool:!

10. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    JFC, do you ever stop? Go kick up dust somewhere else
    We’re seriously debating it right now. We absolutely loved Desire and the comfort of it all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice