Trip Review 4/7 - 4/18 (it's A Novel)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Matt and Lisa, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    Glad to see you two enjoyed it after the months of anticipation and planning. Of course your now members so I guess you more than enjoyed it. As has been said to us welcome to the addiction. Now the down side, you have to go stir crazy until your next trip.

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Yep, that is the TTR way!
    Honestly, we met so many new folks this trip I cannot keep it straight.
    I am sure I did see Lisa but it is always a blur even if you do hang out a bit.
    We had 3 separate groups of friends in addition to new ones.
    Missed you at the 4/11 Score whiskey tasting, and again later at Bash pavilion most likely due to your Desire visit.
    Will miss you in Nov as we are at TTR the week before for Halloween and depart Nov 3rd.
    Maybe again next April at TTR or maybe at Desire since we are going to try either RM or Pearl most likely in the next year.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    We may have had an off week when we went to Pearl... but Stacia & I didn't dig it nearly as much as DRM. I get it, opinions differ, but there were several things that suffer (for us) in comparison.

At DRM, the pool is relatively (to the size of the resort) compact, but not so small that you feel jammed-in. This compared to Pearls Double-Hugeness … at DRM folks were in and around the pool, and the environment is quite conducive to meeting new people, having conversations, the occasional bodyshot, and the swim-up bar service was impeccable. At Pearl... people spread out all over the pool area in small cliques, with not nearly so much mingling and shared conversations. Bar service wasn't nearly as good, but not for lack of the bartenders trying... it was due to lack of poolside servers actually DOING anything to help them out with overload. It was common to wait ~20 minutes to get a drink during the day. At DRM, with the poolside servers, it's actually a a bit of achallenge to get to the bottom of a drink before someone is asking what you'd like next.

At Pearl, the so-called "disco" or "Nightclub) actually feels like a rectangular box, in which they put up speakers, lights and some seating (uncomfortable) around the edges. At DRM, the nightclub is upstairs, has a full-size dance floor (complete with Saturday Night Fever lights (dated, I know but still awesome... it's not like the rave kids can swing a trip to the Desires).
    During our trip to Pearl, there'd be a show, with an admittedely fun pre-show gathering of folks awaiting the show in the main bar area, then move into the disco for the show, which took maybe a half hour... and then (it certainly felt like) about 15 minutes everyone had cleared out of that room and... disappeared. No, the vast majority did Not go tot he massive hot tub that's one of Pearl's greatest draws... they just went to rooms. Maybe room partying? But, no music.
    At DRM post-show, you can, and probably will, if you want, be able to full-on party in the disco until 1:00 to 2:00 a.m. and then continue to party at the hot tub until 5:00 a.m. when they finally shut it down.
    That's right folks, 5:00 a.m., music, bartender service, tomfoolery & shenanigans (again, if you want) the entire time.

So, for our money, and our recommendation, is for DRM.

$0.02.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks John.
    I was going to PM you and ask your opinion as I know in the past you have mentioned you have visited both.
    I know everyone has different opinions and if course experiences do change from day to day and week to week but I respect your opinions.
    Are your comments for both you and the beautiful Stacia or does she have a different take from our better halves’ perspective?
    If there is anything you would rather not write for public consumption PM me.
    Paul

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Thank you! 2 months seemed like forever to wait. 6 months is going to be brutal.

6. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    indeed!
    Will seem like you are watching grass grow and paint dry but will also fly by like the snap of your fingers.

7. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    We wanted to go for Halloween but the schedule prevented it. Hopefully one of these years we will make it for it, we’ve heard it’s a blast.

8. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0

That's a very good comparison of the two Desires, and it's pretty much what we found as well. With that being said, we are going back to Pearl in November, with a takeover of sorts. It is a podcast couple and they invited their listeners. It will interesting to see how it is with basically everyone one in the resort having a mutual common interest. (I'm referring the the podcast, not other activities. lol) I think it may be easier to strike up conversations with other guests, and hopefully no or fewer of the smaller cliques.

9. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Which Podcast?

10. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    We Got a Thing, by Mr and Mrs Jones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice