Trip Report

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by WisconsinJimmy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. WisconsinJimmy

WisconsinJimmy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 0
    We just returned from a short 4 day stay at Breathless. We were very impressed and will be returning! When we arrived we had a very nice check-in. We opted to upgrade our standard room for a swim-out pool side on the Xcelerate side, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is going to be more into the party. There are three different areas of the property. Xhale side which was where more of the older (50s+) laid back crowd was (and costs more to stay), this area doesn't have much party life. Then there is the large pool in the middle. This pool is for the everyday person wanting to experience Cancun. Hip hop music was playing and everyone was enjoying their vacation. Then there is the Xcelerate side which was where we were everyday. The DJ starts at noon and it goes until dark. They play Techno/BPM non-stop (which can get old) but this area is also the topless pool. At any given time there was over a half a doze woman topless and sometimes more depending on what was going on. The topless crowd when we were there pretty much all hung around each other throughout the day and were a ton of fun. Alcohol at the resort was pretty darn good as long as you ordered top shelf, which they had plenty of. My wife and I are Vodka drinkers and they had everything from, Belve to Absolute, and the pours were pretty healthy! The beach at the resort was pretty nice, its the same beach as Desires being that they are right next door to each other. I would say that the beach was much nicer than the beach at Temptations (however we haven't been to Temptations since the remodel). The washed up sea weed if any was cleaned up in the morning and kept clean all day. We did not spend much of our days on the beach because the Xcelerate pool was so much fun. The food at the resort was pretty good for an all inclusive. My wife actually thought the food was probably the best we have had at any all-inclusive resort in Cancun. The nightlife at the resort was pretty tame. The club was again playing BPM and Hip Hop which was pretty fun. The dress attire for woman was all over the board some woman were wearing the dresses found at Yandy, while others were more in Banana Republic dresses. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well kept. The staff were super friendly and a-lot of fun. I would say the only negative was that there were cameras allowed at the pool. You mostly never saw them unless the foam party was going on then out would come the cellphones and go-pros. One word to the wise...upon check-in do not allow them to talk you into the free breakfast and listen to the time-share sales pitch. It will eat up a good 3 hours of your day. My wife and I were smart enough to say no however one couple we met there were not so lucky and darn near got trapped for the entire time. One last thing would be to get to the gym early or go later in the afternoon. If you wait until 8 am you will be standing on top of each other. The gym was very nice and had lots of great equipment.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,142 / 3
    Glad you had a great time. We definitely love the atmosphere there also!

3. IBmarkus

IBmarkus Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Thanks for the detailed review!

4. NYCCouple

NYCCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Thanks for the review. We went to Breathless in DR when it 1st opened. Thinking about trying Breathless Cancun in May!

Cheers

5. Fitzy05

Fitzy05 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the review we will be there starting Sunday, I do have a question though, do you know if they offer compensation if you do the timeshare pitch? Previously when we have been to resorts and did it they always throw in some stuff. We want to go to the xplor adventure Park and I was hoping to have them cover the cost by listening to them try to get my money.

6. WisconsinJimmy

Ratings:
    +628 / 0
    If you do the timeshare pitch they throw in some stuff at the resort...candlelight dinner for two, massages, etc... If I was you I wouldn't waste your time on the pitch. I have sat through so many of those damn things its ridiculous! Such a waste of time unless you are really interested in buying a timeshare. But if you really don't care pissing away about 4 hours of you life...give them the choice. If they want you and your wife to listen then they pay for you both to go to Xplor.

7. Fitzy05

Fitzy05 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah we have done quite a few also, I learned real quick to use them for the free stuff and don't let them pressure you. Previously when we have done them they will say it is 45 mins or 90 mins ornwhateror and I have them confirm that and then when we go in I set a timer and when it goes off we walk out. But if it really is a 4 hour pitch then no way will we do it, I can handle an hr or so but that's just to much wasted time. Thanks for the update and we will just have to see what they say when we get there Sunday.

8. WisconsinJimmy

Ratings:
    +628 / 0
    We will be returning to Breathless in June. We were just in Cancun at a different resort with our kids for spring break which was fun but the resort we stayed at does not hold a candle to Breathless! We can't wait to be back at Breathless in 84 days!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice