Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by FLYERFAN44, Oct 5, 2017.

1. FLYERFAN44

FLYERFAN44 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    We spent 7 days at the resort from sept 26 until oct 3rd , this was our 11th trip , first time at the new one , these are my observations , others may disagree , Iam not going to debate with anyone , I have never posted a trip report before but feel our experience should be told . several times through out the week there was rain, unfortunately the main lobby of the new tower leaked very bad in many places , holes in ceilings and buckets placed to catch the water all over the place , construction is still on going through out the main tower with workers everywhere , several times I seen the workers taking pictures of guest in the sexy pool with there phones from up above , as well it was the worst I have ever seen for guest taking pictures with there phones around the pool and at night time . other than white night the dress ataire was all over the map , nothing like the old Temptation , and yes the pool chair issue is still the same , chairs full of towels and nobody in them , the only difference now is that if you are lucky enough to get a chair by the sexy pool it will be the most uncomfortable thing you ever sat in , they do not adjust or recline and there is not enough foam pads for all the chairs .
    Reservations are required at only 2 resturants , The She and the Asian , both are excellent , the Italian is in the same location and still very good , the seafoof is now where the old asian was and they have a excellent breakfast , did not eat there in the evening . The buffet has 2 sides at breakfast and lunch time and in the evening one side becomes the steak house , compared to the old places i found the buffet terrible with little selection , the steak house was just fair , both had rain coming in under the doors and making the floor very dangerous , I watched one guest slip and fall very hard on the wet buffet floor , and yes he was sober. The mexician was ok at lunch time , did not eat there in the evening .
    The quiet pool area is exactly the same , beach is the same , volley ball courts are in the same location . primiere deck is pretty much the same only larger . water is deeper in the sexy pool and since it is so much larger guest are much more spread out , some people were saying that was a negative because in the old pool people had no choice but to get up close and personal , I personally perfered the old pool .
    I spoke to alot of guest who had issues with the A C in the new tower not working and guest who had to be moved at 4 am out of there Bash tower rooms because they flooded , upon arrival we met a group of women from the U K who where checking out they where very unhappy with room conditions and construction noise . many of the old rooms that had been done over still have many of the same old problems , mold ,A C , water leaks , ect...
    Iam going to reserve judgement on the vibe because as most of us know that depends on the week and the group that is there , I will say this in closing the resort has alot of work ahead of them if they want to keep regulars coming back , especially since the price has gone up and so far the quality has gone down .

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    We are going back for our 5th trip in April 2018 and if it is not the same or better as the old resort we will have to say godbye. I hope all the bugs are worked out by then and it is just as good or better than the old Tempotation otherwise the new price will not be worth it to us.

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    We were lucky and had the cheap room area, 1600 block. The room was perfect. I agree, the tower rooms appeared to not be ready and likely construction noise. We thought the service was much improved.

4. AlekLana

AlekLana Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 1

5. AlekLana

AlekLana Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 1
    Yes,you're right!!We was there September 19-29,and we see same problem allover,at Bash very loud sound,hard to make order drinks,but management work hard to fix problems.We we'll try 1 more time next year and hope everything will work like old Tamptation

6. Ricarrrdo

Ricarrrdo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Unfortunately, our first trip to Temptation wasn't until Aug. 2016. We had one of the best weeks of our lives. We came back for opening week (because it was the only time we could do it this year) and it was not as good as the year before. The food and wait staff were excellent. The entertainment staff were amazing. But everything else was just not up to par. I will withhold judgement until I hear more reports in a few months, but if things stay this shaky, we may choose somewhere else for our couple's get away next year.

7. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    Like anything else I think it’s a work in progress. Let’s not forget it’s all a soft opening!

8. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    Good honest report IMO. We will be there in two weeks and I think this will be our 11th trip. We started going in 2005 when it was still the Blue Bay Getaway then went after the Wilma incident in Jan 2006 and through the Temptation rebranding again in June 2006 and just about every year since. We hope for the same vibe but we know that is completely up to us guests. As for the construction I've got to believe that it'll still be going on for quite a while even after the grand re opening in a week or so. They have got to get the kinks out and that will always take time. Hopefully they didn't rush for their soft opening and that causes prolonged maintenance issues.

I do hope to not witness the excessive use of cameras around the resort. By guests sometimes is one thing groups always shoot a few here and there but it's known and of the group. The people that secretly shoot pics of anyone and everyone isn't cool. I've never seen workers ever with a phone or doing anything other than working so that I would assume needs to get shut down immediately. I've got to assume management would be resolving that one if it was known since when Pedro is taking booby pictures Pedro isn't working and therefore Pedro probably won't have a job... Pedro is a preverbal worker not to be confused with anyone named Pedro that works at the resort, maybe I should have called him Bob.

Again, I believe you have some definite points that should be resolved, I'll be getting our review out as soon as we get back.

Thanks for the honesty.

9. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    we've been going to TTR since the Blue Bay days...we are going back in April. I am very concerned that with the new changes and higher prices it will no longer pass the cost/benefit test.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Keep up the faith!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice