Trip Report - Week 8 vs August Alcoholics

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by 1st_Mate, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    We just returned from a last minute 4 night trip from TTR. We booked on a Friday and left on Monday. It was awesome and stressful at the same time. We usually book around November for our late February trip. In the meantime, I find out theme nights, buy dresses and have lingerie fashion shows for the hubs. I did not have time to even find out the themes since we left for the Lake of the Ozarks immediately for SHOOTOUT weekend. I threw our suits, cover-ups, a few dresses, shoes and a couple of lingerie items in the suitcase and away we went.

This was our 8th trip to BBG/TTR. We normally go on Week 8 to get out of the Midwest cold/snow. On this week, we know so many people with our week crossing over those who go over President's Day week and those who go into the last week of February. I looked at CancunCare trying to find theme nights and saw that a couple who go on Week 8 were going to be there over a couple of our days. YEA!

We always fly a direct flight out of STL. It is less than three hours, we are always the first plane in and we usually fly right through customs. This had to be the best ever in time. Our plane was scheduled to land at 0915. We were greeted by our ride, USA Transfers and were at TTR at 0945. We changed and were poolside by 0955. As we settled into chairs by the pool (not saved), we saw a line of people heading out to the Boobs Cruise. I could not believe it. We could have made it. I never thought we would be there in time. The next one was the day we were leaving so I had not planned to go on a cruise on this trip.

Our thought process for this trip was to relax and enjoy each other's company. We decided to visit the Quiet Pool during this trip and to eat more than usual. Whatever else happens, well we were just going to roll with it.

At first, we kept to ourselves. Tom read two books during the trip and we both got some sun. Believe it or not, the weather was much nicer than the USA. We left St. Louis and it was 100* with a heat index even higher. We met a group of people who come every year at the same time and they were alot of fun. Throughout the trip, we met a lot of people and had some very enjoyable conversations. We decided to have a drink at the Quiet Pool bar one night and met a nice couple from Chicago who had just arrived (you know who you are!). We ended up doing a shot of tequila or three with them. We told them we were going to the room to clean up and we would see them out but we layed down for a short siesta which continued all night.

Some of the differences from the last week of August to the last week of February are as follows. The Sexy Pool is flipping HOT. Now during the day, it is not refreshing at all but compared to Week 8, it is nice at night. Most nights we did not go back to our room until it was after dark. That is hard to do in February as it is cold. The amount of Canadians in Week 8 is huge. Not so much the last week of August. In fact, when they did competitions and asked for the crowd to yell for their country, only a couple Canadians yelled versus USA who yelled the loudest. Week 8 has usually more Canadians than USA folks. There were also more Europeans and singles. There are usually some during Week 8 but there were many, many of both during the last week of August. The singles were fine. There were both genders and easy on the eyes. A couple of young men did approach us in the quiet pool and told us their stories of past trips. It was funny to hear how many couples that they have joined. There were also a group of lesbians on their annual trip. The approached my man and told him that they were looking for a man toy. LOL! He did not take them up on this offer though I am sure he was flattered. Another difference was participation in events. It was like pulling teeth to get people involved. I am not sure if it was the entertainment staff or the group but Week 8 in February is rocking at the pool. It also seemed quieter. I did not see one body shot on the bar. Why I did not start it, I am not sure. I did get asked a few times to hold the beer bong by a couple of Canadian single cuties while standing on the bar stools so people could do a beer bong. I witnessed the bong being filled with the crappy beer from the overflow given to them by Pedro, Armondo and the other bar staff while laughing their asses off. It almost made me sick after I realized what they had done. Another difference for us is we spent most mornings by the Quiet Pool where the water temperature was cooler and the drinks were better. We have never done that before. We also never made it out at night even on lingerie night. We spent every night out until after dark, we barely made it dinner and one night did not. We also did not eat at any specialty restaurant. Also, I only wore a couple of my MS suits, as it seemed more appropriate to wear my more conservative suits. I did finally put them on when our Week 8 Texas friends showed up because as the week went on, it seemed to get more thong friendly.

All in all, it was a great time. The last week of August or Week 34 or the August Alcoholics is approximately six months from our Week 8 trip and it was a great way to end the summer. We relaxed, enjoyed each other (a lot!) and met a bunch of nice people. We plan to do it again next year for Week 8 and Week 34. Only six months until we travel back around 02/19/2015!! I hope to see some of our August Alcoholics in February 2015!

PS - If you are newbies and you do a trip report about not meeting anyone, it is because you have not tried. We could have sat there waiting for someone to talk to us but it might have never happened. Just get out there and talk to someone. Like minded people hang out there for the most part and if they find it is too much, they head to the Quiet Pool. We talked with some of them, as well.

2. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    I love to see the perspective when people normally travel on a certain week try a new one. Thanks for the trip report!

Nikki

3. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Well done.

4. P&B

P&B Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing you guys this coming Week 8! :)

5. scottnpam

scottnpam Addict Registered Member

charlottetown, prince edward island, canada
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    it's all those canadians week 8 that have the place rocking. :D

6. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Let Tom know I am seriously disappointed in him lol.... boy toy!

7. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1st_Mate, thanks for sharing! We leave in 2 days to join the Octoberbreasters. I am worried about the heat and the lukewarm sexy pool, but other than that, I am hoping that our 4 nights will be a *bit* wilder than what you described!

Can't wait to see you and Tom in February.

Jess

8. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Fellow St Louis-ers! Thank you for a great TR. It is my goal to make it to the infamous week 8 soon!

9. Ejones

Ejones Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone going the week of August 18-22nd?

10. SC_Sunseeker

SC_Sunseeker Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    Great summary of weeks. Thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice