Trip Report TTR v Desire

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Nocalfun, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Nocalfun

Nocalfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We just got back from our first trip to TTR Cancun and wanted to share some thoughts. We have been to Desire Riviera Maya and this is primarily comparing the two places from our perspective:

PROS

We love Paty-O's and think it is way better than the lobby bar at Desire if you compare the two

We loved the DJ music and dancing at Paty-O

The games were better at TTR, funnier and had greater participation. At Desire they always have a hard time getting participation and the recent EC's aren't great

We had more fun at the TTR foam party, but they are similar

We like the sports bar. You can get a cocktail, play pool or ping pong before the night gets going

CONS

Groups of twenty something year old single guys. They didn't bother us, but they did create problems for security (dancing on tables, spinning girls on their shoulders in the disco, etc). The singles we saw hung out in groups and mostly only socialized with their group, or the few single girls that talked to them

The daytime party vibe was pretty tame compared to what we expected. The crowd is drinking more, but the craziest fun was with the games

Desire has a sexier vibe. We didn't see any body shots and minimal PDA's

People dress more resort-casual, for example some guys wore swimsuits to the buffet for dinner. At Desire, most people dress up every night at any restaurant and especially for the disco

The resort is huge, which makes it harder to meet others or see them more than once

The theme participation was very low, except for lingerie night. That was crazy

There are not enough pool chairs unless you play the chair game. It irritated me that I could not sit by the sexy pool any day because we did not reserve chairs at 4am. We actually saw two groups yelling and swearing at each other over chairs

Overall we had a great week and could see going back with a group of friends.

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks, we hope you had a great time.

3. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Thanks for the report, same complaint about the single guys on another thread, must have been a bad week for them. As for ccc theme nights seem to be more involved later in April into May, which have alot more CCC members arriving.

4. Rightstuff15

Rightstuff15 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    How early does one have to get up to reserve non-premier member chairs?

5. ShirleyAndTodd

ShirleyAndTodd Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I reserved my chair every morning between 7am and 8am and never had any trouble but that can change week to week. We had 3 couples sharing 2 loungers as most of our time is spent in the hot tub or pool. What is crazy is the people who reserve loungers and then are on the booze cruise from 10am till 4:30...

6. wakey2som

wakey2som Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    In Dec 2014 we were up reserving chairs at 6.30am and at that time id say a lot of the chairs by the sexy pool had already been reserved.

7. Justrob

Justrob Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0
    Last Aug I reserved chairs on the way to breakfast at around 8. No issues

8. es.black

es.black Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last May we got up between 0700 and 0800 and never had a problem getting chairs.

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Totally depends on when you are going. Been in feb and late April early May and if you wanted a good seat reserve at 4am and all would be gone at some point between 6 and 7 am. In October the last chairs would be reserved at some point between 8:30 and 9 in the morning.

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We are trying RM for the first time in 3 weeks so we can compare it to Pearl and TTR. Agree with your summary of TTR and it sounds like rm will be pretty similar to our pearl experiences.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice