Trip Report Oct 28-11/6

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Randy&Kay, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    Let me start with everyone is entitled to their opinion. It does not make their opinion right or wrong. I believe we all go to TTR for different reasons and with different expectations.

We had anxiously awaited the reopening for 15 months. Went from excited to discouraged and back and forth from trip reports coming in. So here is my opinion. TTR was not ready to open. They knew it was a 2 year project but we were told that due to government subsidizing they had to open in 1 year. Since it was a rushed projected, it seems things were done half ass and cheaply.

Pros: 1. The staff that is back and the friends that you meet back up with and the friends you make.
    2. The party atmosphere and being able to dance on the bar. 3. Randy thought the food had improved, I thought it was worse with the buffet having way less of a selection and what they count as a salad is a joke. I did not think the fries or burgers were as good but that is probably due to new grill and fryer. All those late nights of the grill being seasoned are gone and having to start over. My favorite was the hibachi grill. 4. The breeze at Bash is very nice. 5. The Playmakers are trying very hard and ask for ideas. 6. The staff is working their butts off but they are seriously short staffed and people were getting upset with them and their was nothing they could do, they were moving as fast as they could. I mean, you don't go from 40% occupancy to over 75% occupancy and keep same amount of staff...they can't handle that increase and please the consumer. 7. It's still a fun party with great people and open minds.

We had a good time and made the best of the situation, we brought some newbies down, met up with long time friends and even made a few new ones. However I personally think they have some growing pains and definitely need some improvement in multiple areas.

Cons: 1. The lobby is sterile and uninviting in my opinion, it just doesn't say "Welcome home" any more. 2. There are safety hazards everywhere, uneven ramps running into stairs (saw 7 people fall in same place in less than 30 minutes) The dance floor is a death waiting to happen. It is slippery as can be and no railing. Actually while we were there only a few people got up on it to dance. On several occasions the elevator did not stop level with the floor, thank goodness I was paying attention or I would have fallen. One couple said the elevator opened for them and there was no elevator. The stairs from lobby down to buffet are step and dangerous, they did put up some safety tape, not attractive but you can at least see where the new step is. 3. Our first room was in old garden section and the smell of mold was so bad I could not go in the room. Second room was over by quite pool and was better, had more storage and no mold smell. However we went through 7 room keys in 3 days. It seemed each time we went back to room the key had deactivated and NO we did not have it with our phones, they were in safe. The girl at desk told Randy if they get wet or hot they deactivate...REALLY. we are in a pool in the sun all day?! We upgraded on day 3 to Bash tower, very nice, easy to get to, lots of storage. However after 3 days it began to smell like mold, we noticed that our sheets were not fully dry, maybe that is why. Several people noticed their sheets not dry also. Not sure because the spa reeked of mold also. How a brand new building can have so much mold is beyond me. We live in a swamp that just flooded, our building took over 40 feet and it does not smell like mold and I know we have higher humidity than Cancun. 4. With the very increased pool size, increased buffet size, (I miss going to breakfast and seeing people you met night before and eating breakfast with them.) increased Bash....the intimacy is gone. This was one of my favorite things, being able to mingle and meet so many people. People don't gather up for pool games, less mingling etc. The playmakers have such a hard time trying to get the guest to move up and participate at the pool. The first few days Bash was fine and there was room to mingle but our last couple nights a large group came in and it was so crowded between the bar and the raised dance floor you could barely walk through. 5. There is not a comfortable chair in the resort, it was not designed for comfort or functionality. Drinks falling off tables, chairs that nearly collapse when you sit on them. So, a lot of folks just opted to sit on bar. The wallpaper is already peeling, the pool bar has electrical tape over the cracks, the cabinets are breaking, we had 2 that broke on us. 6. The music....ugh. Now this is very subjective but when almost the whole pool gathers for the band, that should give you an idea of what the crowd likes. Not a fan of EDM, but if you want to play it, lower the volume. The music was so loud at pool and in all restaurants it seemed we were yelling all the time to talk. 7. I know one trip report mentioned security was lax, well after the large group came in, it was like being in a police state...at least 5-6 security at the pool constantly and even passing time out cards to people and making them leave the pool. Hmm and our trip August before they closed we picked 2 floating drunks up out of pool and a bartender had to go get security from the beach to get medics for them.

In a nutshell: will we go back? Yes. will we go back 2 and 3 times a year...most likely not. Is it the only place that is spring break for adults, probably or maybe there is somewhere else, just have not found it. Do we love the people we meet and the staff...yes. But they have some growing pains and took on way to big of a project in my opinion. We are vacillating on returning in May or giving it another year to see if the kinks are worked out by then. I really hope so, I would like to have my home away from home back. I have always been a huge advocate and fan, but now I honestly can't try to sell it to you the way it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    Funny how two couples can go at the same exact time and have a drastically different experience. Hopefully it is better next time for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    Agreed, even the couple can have different experience and perception. We had a good time, it's just not the same. Talked with a lot of staff desperately seeking opinions from repeaters on what to do. For us the lack of intimacy was a huge deal.

4. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Sounds like an honest trip report. Hope that you guys find a place that will make your vacation very pleasant. Jen and I will check out TTR in FEB and give our report after.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice