Trip Report Nov 9 - 16, looooonnng. lol oops

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by LisanGrif, Nov 23, 2011.

1. LisanGrif

LisanGrif Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wednesday, flight is on time, flying airtran out of Baltimore to cancun. $40 extra for bags. Flight was a little bumpy but as long as it gets me to cancun who cares??. Immigration line was long, not a surprise. Our transfer from the airport wasn't too bad. Just a longer wait than I expected. I guess I was just in a hurry to get to temptations. We arrived around 4:30 hungry. Checked in, got our room, 2213, slightly to the right off of the stairs at PatyO's bar. At first I was a little concerned about the noise, and decided that we could move tomorrow if we needed to. I figured we would be at PatyO's making all the noise anyway so what difference would it make. The buffet lunch was already over so we ate at the Margarita's grill. Walked around the grounds to show Grif around since this was his first trip. We found a couple of chairs open at the sexy pool, realized that the pool was heated...so ran up changed into bathing suits and hurried back down and relaxed by the pool. Wednesday evening was nice, while it had been a long day of travel we were winding down a bit. Met RowdyDD and Tomster among others from this board, but the night caught up to us and turned in around midnight.....ahem.....I think.

Thursday was a nice day. Nice breakfast in the morning some Irish cream for my coffee and relaxed on one of the beds next to the sports pool and then changed and headed for the sexy pool for the day. It was mostly cloudy but the sun did peek out a time or two. Lunch at Margarita's, more sexy pool, the belly flop contest and headed back to the room to get ready for the evening. We made plans to go to Coco Bongos with the entertainment staff so napped so we could keep up. Dinner was delicious as always and headed for PatyO's for cocktails. Watched as everyone showed up for lingerie night, hung around until 10:30 to catch the tour bus to the clubs. What I thought was going to be one of the most memorable nights I've ever spent in Cancun turned out to be a bust. I've never done one of the tours to the night clubs with the staff and heard a lot of good things about the experience but I'm not sure I'll do it again. Our bus did not show and time was clicking by as the staff scrounged around for a bus for some 30 or so people. We ended up walking down the street maybe an hour later to a bus and were taken to coco bongos. I thought we were to be taken to a spot in the club, no line, no wait, no problems. I'm not sure of a time frame but it took us quite some time to actually get into the club and we're thinking it might have had something to do with our arrival. We lost track of some of our crowd in the mayhem. When I say mayhem let me explain. I've never been crammed into a bar quite like this in my life. Your movement is limited to whatever direction the crowd is moving. I was sandwiched in between people TIGHTLY. Grif was keeping close proximity to me at all times. All I kept thinking of was what happened if there were a fire?? There would surely be people trampled and killed in this building if you had to leave in a hurry. Others felt the same way as we did and since we did not reach our "reserved spots" some of us started to turn around and head the other direction......out! Easier said than done. A faint sense of dread, and a slight anxiety attack later we squeezed our way out. One lady who squeezed out behind us was furious and experiencing a slightly higher anxiety attack level higher than me. I hope she's ok now. Once outside I just wanted to relish in my personal space returned to me. We dashed across the street and stopped in one of the open air clubs, Congo's, had a few beers, danced a bit, grabbed a cab and headed home. Once back at TTR we spotted a few others who had made it out of the club and shared war stories. A few couples had gotten their money back, i'll update to see if we do as well. Feeling left out I went upstairs and changed into my lingerie/corset and than spent the next hour or so chatting up with the guests. Met bluabyss and others and when the DJ was done sadly I wasn't. :(. But once upstairs the day caught up to us and ............

Friday. WINDY. and partly sunny.
    Did I say partly sunny??? It was just plan cloudy. Lots of white caps out in the bay. Seriously hoping the winds would calm down for Saturday and the Boobs Cruise. Spent a lazy day around the pool, naps, pool, nap........ It was white night, lots of sexy outfits and would have stayed up to watch the crowd, but Thursday caught up to me and even with the music shaking my bed I turned in early to get ready for Boobs Cruise Saturday. Oh, we spoke to Jose from the entertainment staff and he said he would take care of us regarding the fiasco from coco bongos and he seems genuine.

Saturday, the sun is out, we still have a bit of a breeze but not as bad as Friday, and no white caps....woohoo.
    Saturdays Boobs Cruise was so far the best weather we've had. Still a bit breezy but the sun decided to keep us warm all day. It was nice to see you again Steve, and was lovely to meet your wife Janet. Chinos and Omar made it very special for me since I miss them so at TTR. We got a chance to sit with them during the shopping on Isla Muerjes to let them know how much they are missed. The afternoon was a lot of fun and got a chance to meet a lot from this board. Antonio/Bruno Mars and his crew did a wonderful job with the bottomless drinks and boy that whipped cream was potent. Want to know more YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TRIP!!! Seemed to me like everyone had a good time. The evening was spent at the sports bar for the most part. Met Dayton and Marilyn, played some pool and watch the fight.

Sunday, blah......lazy day trying to recoup from the boobs cruise. We had talked to a few people about where to go for the football game and everyone said Outback steakhouse. Which proved to be true, many tvs and nice people. Ravens lost....that blows, but you can't win them all I guess. Sitting in watching football was fine since it was cloudy and rainy on and off all day. Seems satrday was the best day for the boobs cruise......lucky.

Monday, starting to wind down. And almost in "go home mode" already. Turns out we are going back to coco bongos tonight. They have decided to make up for the fiasco on Thursday night so it should be a fun night. It's windy again but the sun peeks out at times here and there, and that will do just fine for me.

Well......Coco Bongos was awesome!!! The entertainment staff and the Staff at Coco Bongos came through and we had VIP everything!!! We are so glad we decided to try the second night!! The show there was excellent, quite a lot of action between the trapeze artists, dancers, and impersonators(sp?), Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N Roses. Spiderman and Beetlejuice came through the crowd and you could get pictures with them. All in all it was definitely a good time and would suggest it to anyone going to Cancun. I would suggest going with the resort, even though the first night was bad, it really was a sight to see and created some friendships a long the way. I will not say what time we actually got in.......on the grounds that it may incriminate me in some way......I'll just say late.......or er.....was that early???? Hhmmmmm??? let's just say the sun wasn't up just yet. :icon_wink:

Tuesday ended up to be one of the best days, weather wise on our trip. I insisted we hang at the beach/pool so I at least looked like I went somewhere warm and sunny. Victor and Jose both spoke with us today to make sure we were happy with our trip to coco bongos and We talked about going out again with the club tour, but by ten o'clock we were ready to head to our room to be ready for our travel back to reality on Wednesday.

Wednesday, our travel day. :(. I did get to head out to the beach for about an hour, packed and headed in for a big breakfast because we certainly knew those lovely pretzels would not cut it all through the day. Walked around the pool and said our goodbyes to everyone we could find. Spoke with one gentleman who told us his price for the time shares.....hmmmm, not a bad price, we may have to look into it when we get home. Maybe we should have paid attention and shown up for the presentation after all. It's a strong possibility that you'll see us there more often. FYI, airtran insists on paying for bags in pesos or plastic on the trip back, just a heads up.

Hope this wasn't too long, wanted to share everything since it seems some of the TR's are scarce. We hope evryone else had a good time as well. It was great meeting everyone and look forward to chatting some more soon.

2. Ace1

Ace1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting and sharing your experience!!!

3. Crystella

Crystella Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great TR!

It made me feel like I was there for a second. :)

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the TR Lisa N Grif. Good to see you on the cruise.

I'm glad Jose put you right for the Coco Bongo thing. He's a good guy.

I expect the main problem was arriving late due to the no show bus. Booking buses here are hit and miss as we sometimes find out for the Boobs Cruise. Last weekend we had 58 people and ordered two 40 seaters but only one showed up. When it happens there's not much you can do except deal with it the best way you can on the fly.

5. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Very helpful report! Thanks!

6. Kimmiey

Kimmiey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was on that bus Steve, it was an awesome trip home...

7. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    I was there the same dates, and will be there for forth time next year. I love TTR

8. jeffNalisa

jeffNalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    great TR- thanks for sharing!

9. LisanGrif

LisanGrif Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, now I'm going thru withdrawal.........want to go back. Hope everyone has a great time on their trips!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice