Trip Report Nov 30th To Dec 7th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by J&I, Dec 10, 2017.

1. J&I

J&I Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    Trip report Nov 30th to Dec 7th

About us: middle class F38 M41, two kids and fairly easy going. We travelled with a small group of close friends and it was our 6th trip to TTR.

In short: if you liked TTR before, you will also love it now, just go.

By subject in order of importance to us:

Atmosphere at the pool: somewhat tamer. Ents where not letting anyone get out of the pool naked, even for games (ok, maybe just for a few seconds but we’ve seen people doing full competitions naked in the past). Also no body shots on the bar allowed. Beside our group, we did not see anyone else doing shots but we did corrupted some the others around. Overall we really had a great time by the pool because of all the great people we have met (our small group was growing as the week went by!).

The pool really is too deep and there is too much lounging chairs in the water. The result is that there is not really a spot near the bar were to hang out as a group. We fixed that by pushing away some chairs but at some point that wasn’t enough.

Bash and theme nights: participation was great, not many people were not participating at least in some way. Shows were ok and the best one was the neon show in our opinion. The dance floor was ok for us to dance on but we are sure most of the crowd were just not willing to go dance up there in front of everybody. It should still stay there for the shows but another area should be made available for dancing. And that place is where the premiers seats are now: seriously those HAVE to go at least on the bar side. Its ridiculous. And one last thing: the DJ has emptied the dance floor more than a few times: his choice of mixing is really weird. It kind of gets better after midnight so maybe he his just trying too hard please everyone before that.

Service: just wow. Even better than before (aside for a few exceptions like in every resorts). Seriously service was 5* to us.

The resort and the rooms were kept very clean all the time. Ents are very good and funny.

Food: wow again. The buffet did not improve by much but restaurants are now even better. The SHE was out of this world, one if not the best restaurant we have even been in the Caribbean. But if you like quantity over quality this restaurant might not be for your taste (pun fully intentional :) ).

Renovations: the entrance lobby is much improved. The view of the Bash area with the ocean in the back is stunning when compared to what is was before. As for the new general style of resort it is just not our taste. We get what they tried to do but we feel that they missed it. We felt like in a 80’s version of Las Vegas and not in the Caribbean and this shows especially in the rooms. It should absolutely not prevent you to go to TTR but we just didn’t like the style.

It has been said before but all seating should be replaced: everything you sit on is highly uncomfortable (except on your partner that is :) ).

Oh and one thing about the quality of the renos. If you liked the old “raunchy” feeling of TTR do not worry: it’s gonna come down to that level again in just a few years. Management respected their deadline but it shows that the renos have been done very quickly.

The bars are now much improved. They are bigger and it is no longer a struggle to get a drink. Nicely done.

Overall TTR must have done something right because our vacation was awesome. We will be back for sure and that includes the BC.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    Awesome report thanks guys!!!

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wo wo so re ‘Also no body shots on the bar allowed. ’ Did you mean to say this? Who stopped them? They encouraged them our two trips since the reopen. So either there was a policy change or you meant something else here?

4. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    That is what we were wondering about the body shots. Your review is fantastic, thank you.

5. J&I

J&I Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    Both bartenders and security did not allow it. Even just girls sitting on it was frown upon. Bodyshots had to happen elsewhere (not that we cared that much, I mean bodyshots are bodyshots :) ).
    Maybe they just don’t want anyone to get hurt on that thing since after only two months, part of it is fixed with ductape (no kidding).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    In two trips I’m yet to see body shots at the bar. At least not like we saw at the GP, where it was too off, pour liquid down the entire body,and then someone just follows the stream licking...

Really haven’t seen anything like that yet. Whop cream being used around the pool, but that’s a little different.

There was definetly girls sitting/dancing on the pool bar when we were there. Not good if they are policing that.

I was really surprised with how much dancing on the sexy pool bar they allowed/encouraged. Wonder if liability is an issue?

7. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    Saw plenty of body shots on the pool bar while I was there over Thanksgiving (US). Maybe depends on the bartenders? Did see them shut down actually standing/dancing - but I can understand that... slippery as heck.

8. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Nice Review!!! Cant wait to check it all out in Feb..

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I love trip reports. Reading them and getting the concept of what other people think and find important to them, and then after reading a few and also finding common themes is neat (e.g. uncomfortable seating is in nearly every single TR).

The pool height debate continues. It's going to be the next Pictures vs. No Pictures, or Saving Chairs vs. Open Chairs, debate thread topic perhaps.

10. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,165 / 7
    Nice trip report. Glad you had an awesome time!

FYI, I believe somewhere our fearless leader said that furniture, in the near future, will be getting replaced at Bash.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice