Trip Report - New Years (Dec28-Jan02)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RobAndLis, Jan 4, 2013.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    First week if December the pool was fine. It was refreshing when you got in. If you got in and got out and back in again. It was warm. Really don't think I would want it much warmer

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    When we went week 8 it was very cold. Then the heater was installed and we went back the following feb and it was still cold. Based on reading many trip reports sometimes the heater works and sometimes it doesn't. Many have complained about the cold pool in the winter months and maybe that resulted in the heater. Now only if they could get it consistently working. Don't worry. It is still an amazing time and the air is usually warm enough so you can still enjoy warmth in the sun. We are going in April this year though as we like it hot, both the air and water.

We have our fingers crossed that the heater will be working when you are there!

3. Valleygirl

Valleygirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OHHH no... no heated pool and beach sucks.. WTH!!! I wish I would have known this ahead of time before booking.. now I am completely bummed!

4. edfarr

edfarr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think they are using solar heating to heat the pool! Last time we were there, the pool was on the warmer side on sunny days and the last two days it was freezing as it was cloudy and raining! This was in mid Jan BTW.

5. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    People don't go to TTR for the beach. It is a very social resort, and all the action happens in and around the Sexy Pool. While I do miss going for long morning walks alongside a crashing surf (as on the Cancun strip or in Cabo), if TTR was on the Strip, we would have to pay double to stay there, and book a year in advance just to get in. You are getting a very well-priced Caribbean holiday: something has to give. Anyway, the sand is very nice on the beach, there are lots of lounge chairs. There just isn't any surf and you can't walk very far in either direction.

Trust me, the beach will only be a minor disappointment once you see what the resort is all about.

6. Valleygirl

Valleygirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Karen bang on: I went to see other reviews and it will be fine!!Hotel looks great and inviting.. I am just planning to have some down time on the beach but majority of the time will be spent at the sexy pool since this is the whole point of the trip..
    :daveandmo:

7. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool! You and your friend will have a great time if you go there with a suitcase full of bikinis and 5-inch heels and have an open mind about what you will find. I am in your age group and went by myself the first time, and loved it so much I went 2 more times within the same year. Make sure you go to Coco Bongo on Monday night and dance on the bullpen bar...it's the best view of the show!

8. aragincajun

aragincajun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    the pool heater seems to be more miss than hit from when i was there in oct and from what other ccc peeps have told me. it was a lot cooler than previous trips in oct this last year and the pool water was very! cold...it was really quite at the pool most days since hardly anyone was in it. i was there for 10days and the pool was only heated 1 out of the 10. sure wish they would get that fixed or maybe they don't want to fix it..just sayin... anywho certainly won't be a problem in april:headbanger:

9. Montreal

Montreal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report ,Honesty at Its best.

Was the resort full ?
    Could It be due to a shortage and less demand that there was less to offeR?
    What was the weather like ?
    Is this really a 4 star hotel ?

10. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I think some people missed where we said we had a *great* time and instead focused in on the negatives. Folks like to defend the things they like, the place was fun and we had a good time...but there are some realities.

To answer your questions:

Was the resort full ? -Occupancy was pretty high and for New Years +/- a couple days it was full

Could It be due to a shortage and less demand that there was less to offeR? -As mentioned, occupancy was high and the resort was pretty busy

What was the weather like ? Awesome! 80-81 and sunny with some cloudy periods

Is this really a 4 star hotel ? -*MY OPINION* is that it is not. We've been to honest 5* including 4 Seasons, Ritz properties, and the top-line Iberostars and did not expect that here. We did not and are not comparing TTR to those. I've also been to 3* places and will say that in *MY EXPERIENCE* TTR is a 3* resort.

As lots of people have pointed out, TTR is super fun and is really all about the party atmosphere. It would be a mistake to go to TTR specifically for the beach, or specifically for the food, or specifically for the entertainment. Other places do that better. TTR is where to go for the Party and the party atmosphere, at a really good price point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice