Trip Report - New Years (Dec28-Jan02)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RobAndLis, Jan 4, 2013.

1. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off, we had a blast and both Lisa and I think this was one of the most fun vacations we've ever had. I wanted to start with that because there were some things that were not quite so positive but I wanted to frame them appropriately so as not to come across as being an overall negative review.

The second thing to mention that may be helpful to readers, particularly other newbies like we were, is that we had the right expectations and attitudes to begin with regarding the Resort, the facilities, etc. We're not prudes at all, we like to dance all night, we're totally OK with naked people and showing our own skin (physically and metaphorically), and we have no problem hanging till closing. There are plenty enough postings on this site and others that go into great detail on pretty much every aspect of the property. I won't rehash these except to agree on these points:

Overall

- the food was decent, and by that I mean it was good and there was plenty of variety but this is not a 5* dining experience and if you want that go somewhere else;
    - The accommodations are good, the room was kept spotless and well kept, and served its purpose;
    - The grounds are likewise kept clean and tidy, yes the resort is showing its age but they do a good job keeping it up;
    - The beach sucks, lets be real here...it's a stretch of sand between boat docks. BUT, served its purpose to lay in the sun on some sand;
    - The pools are great but way too cold, they were not heated at all while we were there and it really cut down on the fun. It took until the late part of the day when folks were hot and drunk enough to go in before there was much happening in the pools. That's a shame because the pools are a highlight of the resort;
    - The entertainment was pretty awful, and the New Years show was pretty lame. Don't start flaming me on this, if you were there you know they did a good job for what it was and what they had but it wasn't top shelf. I'm not putting it down, I'm just calling it what it was. Points for a good effort though and again, we weren't expecting Vegas headliner so it wasn't in any way a disappointment.
    - Great staff

Some Specifics

- Nice Shoes was lame and seemed to serve no purpose. This is too bad because it could be awesome. It would make a great club room with some dedicated sound, better dance floor, and some reworking of the bar area.
    - Paty O's was a lot of fun, when they had a DJ. We danced our asses off most nights
    - We met some amazing people, you have to not be shy and get over it - no one cares
    - If you were there on Jan 01 we were the crazy fun group at the first table area at Paty O's with our own "bottle service" going :) If you didn't come over and say hi and have a shot with us it was your loss LOL!

Of interest to CCC folks

-There was VERY little participation in theme nights, be they CCC themes or Resort themes. This led to some real discomfort on a couple of occasions when some folks did participate but felt out of place. Also, where there is really low participation it makes folks particularly uncomfortable when there are a lot of singles around.
    -Some members, of CCC and apparently TTR members, are seriously f'ing creepy. If people make an active effort to not talk to you - get the hint and leave them alone for the rest of the trip. Inappropriate is inappropriate regardless of where you are. Some verged on stalking and it really takes the fun out of things.

Would we go back?

This turns out to be a more complicated answer than I/we would have liked. We had an absolutely awesome time, lots of fun.....but. If TTR was Couples Only, or had a specific time period that was Couples Only, YES without even thinking about it. We really didn't care about the lame entertainment, iffy "beach", or decent food...we had a great time. The crowd makes the difference though and TTR draws a really diverse, ever changing, and sometimes off-putting crowd. We want to go back, and would love to go back with the friends we made there but we would want to be careful about scheduling and watch for what the likely crowd might look like. We may do Desire first later this year and see how that goes.

Any questions please drop me a line.

Cheers!!!

2. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So disappointing to hear that the pools are still not heated. We were there in Jan last year, and I certainly don't remember them really warm, but definitely bearable to go in. Are they freezing cold?????

3. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sexy pool got tolerable late in the day, but not for too long. Was surprising they were as cold as they were.

4. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob & Lis, thanks for your trip report.

I would suggest you try TTR again in April or May (or even Halloween week), when the resort is overrun by Cancuncare people (and the pools are warm!). There is great theme night participation at those times, and I can vouch for the fact that in April there are few singles and the average age seems a bit older than other months.

When there are over 200 CCC people at the resort in the same month, we set the tone and I think there is less trouble from disrespectful creepos. I personally have never met any Cancuncare person at the resort who behaved inappropriately, and I make an effort to find all the Cancuncare people who are there at the same time as me.

Hope you will give the resort another whirl sometime!

5. justKandS

justKandS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    can you elaborate on what you mean by the creepers and what types of issue you had?? Creepy men are something that we are not interested in dealing with..

6. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was really just one or two people that were fairly repetitive and seemed to creep on a number of folks, nothing unmanageable or terrible, or "targeted"...just...well... creepy. NOT indicative of the establishment. To repeat something from the report...we had a GREAT time, absolutely a blast.

7. justKandS

justKandS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    thanks for the detail. We were expecting one or two but got a little worried that it might be getting closer to the rule than the exception. Cant wait to get there!! Thank you for the trip report!! Us newbies look to them for input..

8. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Has anyone complained or addressed this with the resort, about the unheated pools?

We're going Week 8 and I have to be honest, I'll be real upset if that pool isn't warm. The pool is one of the main reasons we're staying at this resort.

Seems like if enough people made some noise, this would get fixed.

9. KenNJoyce

KenNJoyce I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi guys- I agree with Match and a half. Check out the April Addicts thread. Many "non-creepy" CCC repeaters go both April and/or October. And also other warmer months or so I'm told.. lol. Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive and honest TR. BTW, we've been to Desire so drop us a line for comparisons, or read Rob (aka Diamondheads) excellent comparison.

Cheers from Baltimore,

K&J

10. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    They installed a heating system in the sexy pool a couple of years ago. But being an older property, and connecting to 70's Mexican technology in the pool it seems to be hit and miss. Most reports now seem to indicate the system is working well. By April it's almost too warm!

As for the creepers, sadly that can be an issue, I just make sure I make my two annual trips to keep the good end of the bell curve represented!

And I personally love the beach. Beats anything I have ever experienced in western Canada hands down!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice