Trip report May 9th to May 17th. PHOTOS!!!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Theoriginalparrotthead, May 20, 2008.

1. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Great trip report and even better pics.

THanks for sharing.

Nick and Renee

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing the photos and the trip report. I cant wait for tomorrow to come! I better get the rest of my crap done here so I can go! LOL!

I am wondering a couple things...(and who knows if the answers will be here before I log off for the night and TRY to sleep!) Did you just take the lessons in the pool at Teptations and then actually do a scuba? Wow..I want to do that! Your photos are COOL! (that brings me to the next question...) Were those taken with the cheapy underwater cameras, a camera with a waterproof housing or the Olympus that can go under water? (or none of the above dumba$$ quit being so nosey! LOL!) I was wondering because I JUST bought the Olympus Stylus 1030 that has 10mp and can be used underwater. I cant wait to use it and see what kind of photos it takes under there! I usually am a camera snob and by Canons but the guy convinced me he is a Canon guy too but he would get the Olympus based on the underwater and ability to withstand a pretty good drop.

3. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great TR...very nice photos!!!

Ronald :cool:

4. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely wicked pictures - you looked like you had a ball. Sad faces at the airport on the way home - yeah - I know that feeling!!!

Thanks for sharing
    xxxx

5. jamesanddiva

jamesanddiva Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks, great pics. Saw some friends that I am missing this year. And a VMAX on Isla Mujeres? James

6. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Scuba Photos

Angie, I have been scuba certified for 25 years. But, Mark did a resort certification with Boris at Temptation. It was about 1.5 hours in the sports pool and included one shallow water reef dive for 88 bucks. It's a pretty good deal and only eats up about a half a day. As far as the pics, they were take with a Canon A-70 point and shoot in a waterproof housing. I like that setup because it has a dedicated Canon housing that allows use of all the cameras controls and has almost no shutter lag. Most of the photos were taken at less than 30', using ambient light. The water visiblity was around 40 to 50'. I have several more underwater pics. I'll try to post them tonight if you would like to see more. Brad.

7. Theoriginalparrotthead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    VMax

James, That poor bike looked like it didnt run and was parked in front of one of the shacks on the ocean side of the island. Seemed strange finding one of the fastest production bikes ever made there. Go figure.

8. Theoriginalparrotthead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks.

Thanks to all of you for the nice words. We had a great time. Dale, I will send you an Email with some great pics we took of you two. Carly and Brandon, we have some of you guys too. Send me a PM with your email addy and I'll send them to you too. Take care. Brad.

9. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would LOVE to see more photos. I opted out of the scuba trip this year as I really am closterpobic and am getting used to snorkeling just now. I am hoping I can do that trip with Boris next year. We talked to him a bit while down there.

As for camera info...thanks! I usually by Canon and am kicking myself for not buying one this year too. Stupid POS Olympus will be going back to the store and they will have an IRATE customer if I dont get a FULL refund for the camera, service plan AND the memory cards (after I download and try to salvage what is on them). Never again. For the FULL story I will direct all to my TR (SHAMELESS PLUG!) but it will be in tomorrows episode folks! :p

10. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Loved all the pictures they were wonderful. The TR was great. The underwater pictures brought back so many great memories. I did the free lesson in the pool and did the dive with Boris. Loved it so much that I took my PADI certification through Boris while I was down there. Got to do three more dives. I have fallen in love with being under the ocean. Hubby calls me his little mermaid now. Thanks so much for the pictures again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice