Trip report May 9th to May 17th. PHOTOS!!!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Theoriginalparrotthead, May 20, 2008.

1. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    After a grueling 8 hour flight that hopped us from Portland to Dallas, then to Mexico city, then to Cancun, we arrived the evening of May 9th. We were checking in, when Jamie met us. He took our order and arrived shortly after with an ice cold beer. After all our chatter I figured we may have had to do slammers in the lobby!

We checked in and changed had a quick bite in the buffet. Then we were off to Paty O's Bar and had a few drinks. We met Jamie's wife Chris and did our promised slammers with him. We met Rafael and Nichola, Brandon and Carly and Dale and Cherri. Someone suggested getting wet in the saltwater. Keri, Lisa, and Nichola ended up swimming a little and the guys took photos. A mention of "Night Sharks" had the giggling girls out of the water in no time. Nothing like breaking a few rules on your first night at Temptation...

The next day we spent every waking moment at the sexy pool, soaking up the sun and meeting new people. We met A.J and Pete (who Lisa dubbed Gunner cause of his huge arms), Patrick and Johnathon (Icy and Lisa's little brother, J-Dog), Carly and Brandon, Nichola and Rafeal, Jan and Scott, all the crew from England, T and Craig, Dale and Cherri, Jack and Edie.... Im sure I have forgotten a bunch of names but we had fun with you all.

We took a non-guided trip to Isla Mujeras this year. We rode a ferry from Pureto Jarez to the island. It costs 7 dollars for a round trip crossing. After arriving, we rented a golf cart and did some exploring. We saw how the very poor on the island live. My God, what a sad site. I am going to take a light fishing rod on our next trip and will give whatever I catch to the poor. A little food goes a long way with those folks. The island is cool as hell for tourists, because you can drink while driving your golfcart. Hell, I tipped a beer to a cop and he waved at me... where else can you do that? We had an excellent 2 dollar lunch of fresh tamales from a lady with a bunch of steamer pots, Drank from an iced coconut, and checked out the sea turtle recovery aquarium. Next time we will plan it better and do the zip lines and Dolphin swim. We just plain ran out of time. I recommend this for anyone who is tired of paying inflated prices for tours.

We played many games and had a great time with Chinos, Omar, T and Lalo. We won some Tshirts and other bling. The whole resort found some things out about Keri and I when we played the how well do you know your spouse game. Neither one of us held back. We had a blast.

Mark and I went with Boris on a shallow water scuba diving trip. We dove on a reef with tons of fish and sealife to observe. If you have never been before, I totally recommend Boris as a teacher. And, If you are experienced, as I am, he is fun and will let you do your own thing while diving. I took a ton of photos and enjoyed it emmensely.

We enjoyed all of the reservation only resturants on different nights. The Italian was very good with an excellent Bacon Wrapped Steak Filet. The service sucked and the food was overcooked in the Seafood resturant(we didnt go back to that one!!!) And who can forget all those drunk-assed cheeseburgers in Margarita's at 2 in the morning... For us, the Asian resturant served the very best food and the service was impeccable. Antonio was the finest waiter at the resort. He made the best Sexy/Mayan coffee. My hat is off to that guy. He could serve in any high-end resturant in the states and make a awesome living.

Keri had a mishap and broke her toe on day two. She was really a good sport and dealt with the pain through copius amounts of libations. She was a little disappointed that she could only wear 3 of the 9 pairs of shoes she brought. Just kidding Baby!!!

My hat goes off again to all the Cast, Waitstaff and Bartenders, Maids and people working behind the scene. I have to mention Pedro at Deigos bar, that guy goes out of his way for you. Lorenzo at the buffet, amazing service. Oscar at Paty O's kept a drink in my hand every second. Please tip these people well. They are the best of the best in my book.

We have posted about 250 pics so be sure to check out our link.

Teptation under whatever name it goes by at the moment is always my favorite place to vacation. This was our second trip and we hope to make it a biannual event.

See you all in October.... Brad. (The Original Swelled Parrotthead)

2. BCE4800

BCE4800 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pics and it was nice meeting you guys! Hope to see you there next year :D

Brandon and Carly

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excellent report!!

An I'm with ya on doing the "tour" thing on your own. I've been doing that for years and saving a ton of money in the process.....

I just invest in Laura's set of maps as they come out and plan my own "tours" with them. I've found all of her recommendations for food & lodging and tips to be spot on!

Michelle

4. spunkymonkey2008

spunkymonkey2008 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some very nice pics there - thanks for sharing!

5. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    GREAT pic's and report. Thanks for bringing back that TTR "vibe", if only for a fleeting moment or two!! :lol:
    I cannot wait to go back to this place!

6. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx for the TR and pics we are sooo psyched for our trip now :headbanger:

7. footballchick58

footballchick58 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    awesome trip report

Great Pics

Cheers
    Karen

8. berzerkley

berzerkley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most excellent report... and thanks for sharing the pics!

9. dmac

dmac Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Great TR. Glad you guys made it back safely. Enjoyed meeting you and hanging out. I'll be sending you some pics. You do the same. We'll be in touch.
    Dale

10. KenNJoyce

KenNJoyce I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Great TR and pix and welcome to the repeater club. Sorry to hear about the toe injury but "libations" can definitely make things better. And yes- those early morning cheeseburgers are the best! We're only 4-peaters but the entertainment and waitstaff make us feel at home there and we can't wait to go back for trip #5.
    Ken and Joyce

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice