Trip Report / May 22 - May 26

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Gerald & Suzette, May 30, 2008.

1. Gerald & Suzette

Gerald & Suzette Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We’re a little slow getting the trip report done, the kids somehow managed to download some spyware, bad enough that I had to reformat and started over, pain in the ass. People who write that stuff should be shot, but that’s another story.

This was our second trip to BBG/Temptation, so we knew what to expect and is why we went back this year and will go back next year. People are friendly and there’s always something going on. We’re not ones who like just sitting around, need to do something, although for those who like sitting around, there’s plenty of opportunity for that.

We left early Thursday morning so that we would have at least half a day to start out with. There were no major problems getting there, other than right before landing the pilot informing us that the radar in Cancun had gone out??? and we had to circle for a while. After landing we gathered our bags got through customs with no problems, green light. :claphappy:

Some advice for newbies, I learned this from reading this board. Have your transportation to the resort setup beforehand and know exactly where you have to meet them. Once you get your bags, don’t make eye contact with anyone, bee line to where your transportation is supposed to be. We used FunJet/Lomas Travel which costs more but it’s what we’re used to and if I needed to complain, there was a representative at the resort. The Corona’s on the bus aren’t bad either. Good experience with Lomas Travel. That said, we’ll probably try Alpharooms next year because it is cheaper.

We make it to Temptation ready to check in, I’m ready to tell the time share people we’re not interested, but we’re never approached. We reserved an Ocean View Room, because that’s all they had left when we booked. We ended up with room 1229, great view, nice BIG balcony that overlooks the quiet pool. The balcony is shared with the room next to us, so if you’re going with another couple this would be a great two room combination. The mini-bar is a nice addition from last year. The bed is firm, but it’s softer than the floor and when it’s time to sleep, who cares. The door didn’t fit that well, so we would occasionally hear the wind “whooing” through the gap and at night we could faintly hear the music from Nice Shoes, but none of that bothered us.

Thursday afternoon, after making sure that channel 12 worked, we headed down to the sexy pool. We met Jamie for the first time. We saw him off and on until he left Saturday, but kudos to Jamie he went above and beyond to make sure people were having a good time. That evening we went on Steve’s booze cruise and even though the water was a little rough we had a great time. It’s amazing what the UP and DOWN and THIS WAY and THAT WAY will do to your stomach after a full day of drinking vodka, tequila, bourbon, rum, beer, and something else (I’m not sure what it was). Thanks to Pam for reminding us to duck under the bridge, that would have hurt. The rope did keep Karen from falling overboard, but not down. Suzette loved the pool inside the restaurant. We were done after the cruise.

The remaining time was spent playing beach volleyball, water basketball, horseshoes, beanbag toss, water polo, and shooting pool. Beach volleyball had good participation and was a lot of fun. We had some first time players from the UK, their attitude was fun to be around and they learned quickly. I remember “Gone South” and Hunter were regulars at beach volleyball. Horse shoes with Gary was good, I’ll do better next time. Water polo was good also. I noticed that when someone’s elbow meets an eye, the elbow wins. I think it was someone from the North Carolina group on the receiving end. The bleeding eventually stopped, nothing a few beers won’t take care of. I’m not sure how they got the ball out of the tree, good kick Omar :) . Omar and T were great at keeping things going.

We ate at the Italian, Asian, and Seafood/Caribbean restaurants. We liked all of them. Guys do need to wear long pants (jeans are ok) and shoes (tennis shoes are ok). Girls can get away with just about anything. I heard some people had slow service. We were done in less than an hour and a half, and that’s taking our time. You do need to make reservations the morning of. Reservations started at 10am, the line started forming at 9:30. The wait really wasn’t that bad, there were plenty of people to talk to in line. I was usually 7th or 8th in line and was done by 10:10. It does help to form a line with all of the chairs so that when more and more people show up, they know where to go, otherwise you end up telling everyone where to go.

We stayed at the resort the whole time. No bars for us, which is fine after being in the sun all day. The Dance Show and The Main Event were both good. One thing that could be improved is the layout of Nice Shoes. If nothing else, more A/C. Suzette really enjoyed dancing after the shows. I’m not a dancer, I am the “anti-rhythm.” If I’m supposed to go left, I stand still, if I’m supposed to go right, I stand still, if I’m supposed to stand still, I go left and right. There were plenty of girls up there dancing, thanks Ruth. Luckily for everyone, I didn’t dance, I talked with Lynn and others.

We didn’t take any pictures, Jamie took enough for everyone. Needless to say we had a great time and plan on going back next year.

2. welshgirl

welshgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your trip report!

3. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Great report I enjoyed meeting you guys and look forward to next year. Hey maybe they will put more sand on the court. I really enjoyed the V-Ball.
    Take care till next year.

4. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report.

It's always nice to have somebody like Jamie around to take care of the pics. Melinda & I have never been good at taking enough pics at TTR.
    Marsh

5. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Nice TR...It was nice to meet you..

6. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    That was a great trip report! I don't even mind the fact that there are no pictures...most of our pics were of the towel animals, because the rest of the time we were having way too much fun to remember to take any.

Cheers,
    Janice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice