Trip Report July 12-26, by the numbers

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by patnmariia, Jul 27, 2014.

1. patnmariia

patnmariia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    9 - Our ninth trip to TTR, and it never gets old.

15 - Days at Temptations, our longest trip by far. We had to treat it as a marathon and not a sprint.

1000 - degrees, or at least it felt like it. It was HOT, damn hot. And humid. The sports pool at night was a welcome feature.

Hundreds - The number of people we met and partied with. Way too many to name by name, the crowd changed about every 3-4 days, and that kept it very fun. This is why most of us go to TTR, the people make it a great trip!

43 - Years old. Our first birthday for either of us at TTR, and it was awesome. After a shot and song at the pool, Pat got the kilt-thong to wear for the Ironman competition.

30 - feet under water. Pat went scuba diving with Boris (the guy that sits by the sports pool in the morning). I don't know why it took us this many years and this many trips before we finally went scuba diving. It was incredible, and Boris was pretty amazing to scuba with. I never felt "unsafe" the entire time. Highly recommended!!

1 - Nickname. Mariia got it on the first lingerie night - "Eva". Somehow, it stuck. Everyone needs a Temptations nickname, right?

25 - Trips on the mini-cat sailboats. It was our "quiet time" a couple of times a day.

3 - Things we could not believe people actually packed: A wearable horse head, a "hands" bikini top, and a Darth Vader mask that made you sound like Darth Vader. We called him "Darth Pervert".

27 - Rounds of beach volleyball. We rarely missed either the morning or afternoon games.

1 - number of times we did not eat at the buffet. We just couldn't put up with reservations or being on the clock for 2 weeks. We crashed the Japanese restaurant one night and they had an opening. This was the only time Pat wore pants the entire trip.

4 - People rescued when they sailed the mini-cats into the yacht area.

9 - as in 9-ball at the Alternative bar. Our game of choice when we needed to cool off in the AC.

100+ - the number of shots we got or were given. Let's just call it "over a hundred"... it was a lot... it was hard to keep track.

2 - The drink types we usually ordered. I got the tequilla sunrise, she got the cranberry Skyy.

3 - Words. "Nut Sack Shot". If you were there for the body shot contest, you know what I mean. That'll be hard to un-see.

1,2,3 - OKC. We got treated by the Oklahoma crowd for the last week of the trip.

14 - injuries. We got battered, cut, bruised, scraped, and muscles pulled. Didn't slow us down much. Bandage what you can and keep going, heal at home.

0 - books read. Mariia brought 3, never opened them.

10 - minutes of TV watched. Just didn't have time for either the Learning Channel (14) or Animal Planet (12)

1 - drunken Facebook post. I posted that I got 2nd place in IronMan, missed by 5 seconds. People thought I actually did a real IronMan. Good luck explaining that at work on Monday.

56 - SPF. For once, we both made it through the entire trip without a single sunburn. For us, this is amazing. A motto Cathy and I adopted: "Gingers Unite - Staying White". Yep, had to wear the shirt in the pool, but zero regrets. The shirt needs to be burned now, but it worked. It's hard work to stay this white.

10 - Trip number 10 will be in the not-to-distant future - we can't wait to go back to the Happiest Place on Earth.

2. CHOW

CHOW Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Great TR guys! Very creative! It was a blast meeting and partying it up with you both! We have to do it again next year!

3. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Cool trip report!

Agree it never gets old
    Luv the 'happiest place on earth' reference

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  4. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Yeah, that was a very nice way to put together a trip report, kudos! :xyxthumbs:

5. Rudy and Debbie

Rudy and Debbie Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Creative trip report! Love it!!

6. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Great TR...Awesome breakdown...Boris IS a great scuba instructor!!..2 weeks at TTR is a great experience...I've done it a few times and love.
    Somehow I never tire of TTR. Thanks for sharing.

7. Sexycouple0398

Sexycouple0398 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry about the therapy you may need in the future due to the body shot contest. I got suckered into entering with my buddy and I play to win lol. Hope our OKC crowd was not too much for ya! We go balls (no pun intended) to the wall every year there.

8. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Favourite line in a Trip report ever! So true! I love your creativity! Great TR!

9. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    Love the Ironman mistake. That made me chuckle!

10. Don&Olga

Don&Olga Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great trip report

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice