Trip Report Jan.6-Jan.10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by luvs2travel, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mexicotraveler

Mexicotraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you luvs2travel

I think this was a great honest trip report which included the disappointing aspects as well as the positive aspects of your trip. Which is what a trip report is supposed to be, you unlike others actually went and spoke with Valentina, excellent. I wanted to thank you after reading some of the negative comments made by one member regarding your report, I thought it was awesome and honest.

I also believe that this resort needs a changeover period, but it has not changed ownership, just style so they should get their stuff together and go all out to get it going.

Cheers and Happy 2014 everyone

2. angelwynn

angelwynn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks

Thanks for the review and for taking the time to give advice for improvements. We have booked for first week of May and hope in 4 months we will see full hotel and lots of fun !

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks for the great trip report. Wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement but fair and honest, and certainly not negative for the sake of it.

The weather that week was awful. Despite some of the comments re it's the people that make the party I do think bad weather can seriously affect your enjoyment, at least the beach, sea and pool aspects.

Also I'd like to add that Sarah69 started on the 3rd Jan so during your stay it was her first week there. I know she spent a lot of time putting a new Ents schedule together during that first week, which then has to be approved and signed off before implementation - so it probably was the old schedule (hindered by the rain) during your stay and should get better.

Management did mention to me (back in November) that at least one of the bars would be changing closing time to 3am - hopefully that takes place soon - it's a biggie I think.

4. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    I bet we were not the only ones having a small anxiety attack "Oh shit why did we book this resort" over TTR but then the better half reminds herself why we booked and then reason sets in and we (I) calmed back down and are once again excited to party in MX with fun CCC friends and make new friends while there. ITs all Good! :flash:

5. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm sure you weren't the only ones. I guarantee it

We are and were never concerned. We can make our trip fun anywhere at anytime.

6. Liv & Ren

Liv & Ren Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    My name is GOV.I got a real kinky concept.

I appreciate the "fair and honest" detailed report. We're booked in May, and I'm still excited about a new adventure in Cancun besides TTR. Music by The Beach Boys will not do, however. Please fix the music, GOV. Also bummed that the blind taste experience restaurant won't be there. I thought that was part of the sexy concept. Alas, there are kinks to work out on the way to kinky, I suppose.

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    There has been a second choice in Cancun for years now. It is called Golden Parnassis. And it is a wannabe TTR, with a better beach and hot tub and food. But it is not Mecca.
    Not sure where anyone got the idea that GOV was going to be a bettr Temptation.
    What it is really aiming for is the GP market.

If anyone read my post in the Oasis Viva thread back in Nov, you will know I was not buying the hype.

This is a big corporation that has more managers than bartenders. They will just tell you what you wanna hear, in order to keep the revenue stream flowing and shareholders happy.

Mecca is family owned and values its best guests. The De la Penas' invented their concept. The family may make mistakes at times, but they know what they are doing.They actually try to improve on a 3* budget.

Our 'dedication to Temptation' has never been in doubt.

8. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    GP is way over priced was never competition.

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Not wanting to get into a which hotel is better debate, as I've only been to one. However The GP has better rooms, hot tub, and way better beach, and cost less, so not sure why you say they are overpriced.

10. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am able to stay 10 days for less than 7 at TTR. And for me and winter cold. I am talking advantage of that and a new place new people new fun. I still like TTR but this was priced much better and sounds fun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice