Trip Report Jan.6-Jan.10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by luvs2travel, Jan 14, 2014.

1. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Thanks for posting the report. Will see what the near future reports entail before getting too nervous. With that being said, if they are at 100% capacity, what incentive is there to change much?
    We have been to other adults only resorts besides TTR in the past. To be honest, this sounds exactly like those. Actually sounds like El Dorado Royal. But that is almost a 5 star. If it stays like this, no thanks. We will just go to GP for the end of our trip or just extend out TTR trip.

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - the new General Manager of GOV is also ex Original Resort manager from Desire.

As Steve and others have mentioned with resorts, staff and procedures you can't simply flip a switch and things change overnight - it does take time.

Both Temptation and Desire where not the (now) mostly well oiled machines they are today - when we first started going to Desire(when it opened in 2003) things where much worst than what the recent TR indicated about the GOV changeover. What makes the difference and changes for the better to occur are the right people going and driving the change that management has indicated they want to see.

3. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Yes the trip report wasn't a ray of sunshine. We're still going and glad we'll be at Cancun
    and not at work. Trying 2 resorts this trip that are new to us. In Sept we'll visit TTR, love
    the Sept group we hang out with! Also we'll most likely book somewhere else we haven't
    been to. Unless GOV turns out to be a blast and/or more bugs get worked out and the
    FUN factor rises. Who know? What we do know is we are looking forward to hanging out
    with you CCC peeps end of Feb!!

4. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Thank you, Luvs2--you really put some of my panic at rest. Of everything, I think this is the most promising:

"The guests were still really cool. And I met quite a few drinking in the lobby, waiting for sushi, during the pole class, and quite frankly while trying to figure out what going on or where things were. But you're right I really wanted more participation. I was really looking forward to the lingerie party."

Also, I think the suggestions you made will make a big difference if they implement them. People can't be expected to participate in events they can't find!

Bottom line, the staff of the hotel has to set the tone and do the promoting. Big signs should be posted to announce the night's themes. Sarah69 and the entertainment crew have to build it up and encourage the guests to show up in lingerie, etc. You've got to build a buzz around the pool.

Check in staff should give each guest a preprinted schedule of the activities, promote participation, and be able to answer any questions.

Finances are probably driving the bar closures. If 750 guests guzzle up your booze after paying the package price, you're just not going to profit as much. Still, using boredom as a tactic to drive guests off campus isn't going to build your base of repeat customers. There has to be a fun and energy for guests who hate clubs, or who are only going to go a couple times during their stay.

I hope the upper management really does have a sense of what their guests expect and a commitment to making their hotel different and special.

--Laura

5. vers111

vers111 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    1 am whats about that...they should and I think they will change it sooner than later...bcuz its just not logical...

6. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    just posted in the ask GOV thread, bars open til 3!

Just got a message from Valentina that the bars will be staying open until 3 am. Also, the as of this past Sunday, the hot tubs by the infinity pool are free.

Looks like management is listening to our suggestions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tjack423
    Do the bars really close at 1:00 am? If so there is no way I would have booked this hotel and may consider backing out. Please address this question.

3rd times the charm, week 8, 2012

7. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Thanks for the great trip report. A resort that Bars are not open later than 1am, will not get me there. That's non negotiable. You try n be positive but HELLZ NO!!!

8. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CCC folks, lets be honest !! We went to GOV Nov 17 and returned Nov 22, we and another couple filed a trip report. This report today is the first one that has been filed since ours!!!

7 weeks and not one CCC member has been !!! (or at least filed a report). Yet, GOV has been 100% for a least 2 weeks. We are just a small minority of their guests. I am kinda shocked, just like everyone else. We are surely a FUN group, but there are just not THAT many of us !!! GOV could sell out just because of its beach and water. Only thing we can do is keep trying.

We are done with Jamaica, but still love a great beach.Only plus to Jamaica is that the weather is still great Dec-Feb (besides the North Coast), unlike Cancun.

Its still between TTR and GOV.

9. heidiho1128

heidiho1128 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    We are there the same time, so we will party together!

10. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Awesome..........that's great to hear!! That's a fairly immediate change.......and encourages us more will come. They are listening and they are addressing issues. We have the same concerns as many on here but we don't want to jump ship too quickly........we'll be there and we'll enjoy our holiday..........even if we have to create our own fun. We hope GOV gives us what we all want........another choice for a fun upbeat risqué adult resort.

Hope to see you all there........it only takes a few to make a party.........draw some attention and 2 drinks later they're all partying with you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice