Trip report from the "quiet couple" June 22 - 30th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by pls615, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pls615

pls615 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not going to break this down day by day just give an overview of each major thing. This was our first time at TTR and it was amazing. This was also our first time in Cancun and we did a lot of stuff during the day and made it to the sexy pool either late in the afternoon or not at all. But it didn't stop the fun.

Travel to Cancun - travel to Cancun was a breeze we flew threw customs no red light and the transfer from the airport was great. We arrived as the tropical depression in the Gulf was sitting over Cancun but a rainy day in Cancun was better than a sunny day at home. The trip home took us 30 + hours. We were stuck in the airport in Cancun on Saturday for 14 hrs (we smoke so it was trying to say the least) and in Houston until 12:30 we made it home by 3 on Sunday after fighting for our bags. DO NOT TRAVEL UNITED TO CANCUN.....worst part of the vacation.

Hotel and check in - This was painless we sat through the welcome with the timeshare people and headed to the first room. The room was flooding due to the weather but they moved us to 1137 which was a jacuzzi room and we were at the end of the bldg so we also had a view of the ocean which was great.

Service - I can not say enough about the service we received from the maid service to the bar people down to the bell hops and the front desk. These people are very happy with what they do and want to make your experience great. TIP TIP TIP TIP. You don't have to be a BIG spender and tip 20.00 each time you go to the bar. Tip what you feel you can afford and you will be remembered. Pedro at the Patty O's bar was AWESOME!!!!!!!! By Tuesday my Cran and Vodka was top shelf without asking and he was ready with our two beers before dinner. The waitresses remembered our group and was always there to make sure we had drinks or if we needed shots. Our maid, Berenice, always had 2 big waters, 2 cokes and 4 beers every day. Again TIP!!!

Cancun Care People - we were the last half of the June Junkies and we didn't have 150 people like we were told they had during the Jess and Ed bunch but we did have a great group. It was so easy to spot everyone with the orange bracelets and it made it easier to meet everyone. I can't remember names but I have to give a BIG thank you to Jill for getting us all together and putting the toy swap together. It made you feel very comfortable to be able to have fun with the group as you watched each of the guys that were not dancing watching over the women that were.

Extras - the wave runner tour we did was great, the swim with the dolphins was a wonderful day (thanks Phil!!), the sensual massage was great so great we did two.

Boobs Cruise - This should have been a highlight but unfortunately we missed it. Phil had a conference call he couldn't miss so we gave up our whip cream and stayed back...but next time we will not miss it.

Thanks to everyone we met for making us a part of a fabulous group and a wonderful vacation. I don't want to mention names and forget anyone so I will just say thanks to you all!!!

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Sounds like you found the tip of the iceberg and yet you will return. Thanks for the report.

3. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    United sucks chinos' donkey dick

Not to one up ya but we agree with your last statement.

We left Friday at 12:15pm got to the airport get tix secuurity grabbed a bite to eat, sat for about an hour then off to Houston on time...

We arrived in Houston a bit early, customs, bags etc all is great. We had to drop our bags off in a big pile???? Then off through security still seems ok. Get to gate... gate change go to new gate not boarding k we have 10 minutes grab a bite to eat and head back. Doors closed - WTF they get ahold of the agent and she can get us on cool. 2 girls show up franticly looking for their family. family already on plane door opens and the agent says the 2 grils names and they are off, we ask what about us. Answer the Des Moines flight has already left BS the plane is still there. I go to Customer Service play the waiting game I still see the f-ing plane. finally get to speak to an agent, too late plane just backed up. He tells me that the plane left at 7:29 it's 7:31 I tell him I know I have been watching it, the gate agent shut the door on us then the bitch comes over and says something to him and walks away. We get rebooked after about 20 minutes. So we go to the hotel for the night but check on our bags... No one can tell you anything. Saturday we get to the airport and check on our bags again, they should make it on the flight with us. hmmm, delays delays, delays. Finally left Houston at about 6pm. Get to Chicago hoping that they have delays and there were so we are the only 2 people happy to see another delay so we can get home. We finally board and at about midnight we got to Des Moines. NO BAGs unless you wanna count the HO BAG that was to top of the worthless heap of United Agents we had talked to in the last 36 hours. Finally this morning at 5:15 we got home and around noon we knew the whereabouts of one of the bags the other might be in Houston. Funny last year with Continental that was the best trip ever this year with United so far is the ultimate worst. We hope we get the bags sometime soon.

4. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear that. I know you had wanted to get home to get your daughter. Did someone else pick her up with out any problems ??

~Jill~

5. ChangoDeMadera

ChangoDeMadera Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Glad you had a fun vacation despite missing the Boobs Cruise and the terrible airline mishap!!

6. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nice TR...Glad you enjoyed TTR..hopefully you will become part of the Fraternity Of Repeaters....The travel part can become a real bummer...TTR makes it worth it.

7. PDXladies

PDXladies Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    It was great to meet you guys!
    Sorry about the flight home! We had some trouble as well, but nothing compared to you guys!
    ~Shawna

8. pls615

pls615 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great meeting you two as well!!!

9. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    Sorry about the trip home, and especially missing the boob cruise. It was great meeting yall; you will have to come back to experience the cruise!

Tom & Lorie

10. Irish DNA

Irish DNA Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was so nice meeting you guys and kicking ass in bowling !!!!! LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice