Trip Report from a different perspective

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by twinimini, Apr 23, 2012.

1. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Nice trip report, spot on.

2. texantrainer

texantrainer Regular Registered Member

From Texas, now stationed at Ft. Jackson, SC for t
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Also playing the 80's & 90's music and minimizing the House/Techno would kill two birds with one stone (sorry to any PETA members), it would make majority of the people very happy and drive the younger obnoxious crowd elsewhere.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Ed, nice to see that you went again! We have been back now twice, going for trip 4 in July.

4. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Back in January between 9am - 11am they were playing a mixture of pop/rock tunes from 90s...but only 'clips' of the songs lasting at most 20 seconds. Was a real mix of all genres and types of songs, but only playing 20 second snippets got really annoying after around 10 minutes! I agree the music around the pool doesn't ruin the holiday, but it certainly is annoying after a while. Solution is to drink more, but for me that only worked for a day or so before I admitted defeat and went over to the quiet pool for the majority of the day instead.

5. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    It would really help at the resort if they would at least cut down on the techno/house or whatever it's called music. One great comment was they play that constant beat to match the pounding in your head. That pounding chased us over to the quiet pool on most afternoons. On lingerie night they were playing mostly 70's, 80's, and 90's and just about everyone was dancing and having fun. It would seem like that should send somewhat of a message of what people like.

One other thing that I noticed was that it seems like the games have gotten really lame. Most of the games seemed more like an intrusion onto our socializing than fun times. I realize that Chinos had a lot to do with the enjoyment of the games, but for me the games could be eliminated with no loss of enjoyment of the resort. Just an observation.

6. ShirleyAndTodd

ShirleyAndTodd Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I find it strange that whether he is by the pool or in Paty-Os, the DJ plays the same music over and over. We like to dance, so we enjoy the nights, even if we are dancing to the same song for the fourth time. The DJ needs to learn that there are a hell of a lot more good dance songs besides house that will get people dancing and partying, but he seems set on only satisfying his own needs. Any DJ I have ever met refuses to play the same song more than once in a set, but not this guy. At the pool, as people have stated, variety in music styles, decades etc would be fantastic.

I would also like to mention that when we were there from April 2nd to the 9th, Sara69 was terrible. First, trying to get people involved in games at noon was not going over well, as many were just waking up, others were at lunch and others were just chillin. She lectured us in a very nasty way every single day we were there, even alluding to CCR by saying stuff like "we are trying to run games, but you don't participate then you go home and complain online that we don't do any games" Wow, if I wanted to go on vacation to be lectured by an immature child, I would know where to go. In my opinion, they could throw a ball and any person around the pool who caught it could do a much better job than she does.

A few hours later, between 2pm and 3pm, the pool was full, the crowd was having a blast and things hadn't gotten too wild yet. Any smart entertainer would know that this is the time to get the games going, and not when people are still fighting the previous nights hangover. She even cancelled a game in disgust because there were only 3 participants and she wanted 5 - reminded me of a spoiled rotten teenager.

Other than that, we had another fantastic week at TTR and as many have stated - its all about the people you meet and party with. Can't say enough good things about the staff, bartenders, servers, cleaners etc. They are always smiling and working hard to make your stay special. We will be back in September and hope that Sara69 either grows up, or moves on.

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    One other observation of the differences from six years ago until now. Six years ago there were cameras all over the place at the sexy pool, beach, and even the quiet pool. When there were games going on you could pretty much count on a ton of digital cameras and more than a couple of video cameras whirring away. Six years ago you could pretty well plan on you being on someone's camera somewhere. For many people that created an issue of conflict between their private lives (including the time at TTR) and their public lives. This time the cameras were pretty much non-existant. I'm not sure if that was just people being much more respectful or if it was some level of enforcement of a no camera policy. Either way, it made more people feel comfortable with "being themselves" than I think they would have been with the camera craziness of six years ago.

8. gowick

gowick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I agree with T & S on the games....

I think they should flip stuff..do more sports stuff in the morning..acting out games near 2ish.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the trip report Ed, sorry we missed you - hope it's not another 6 years until next time we get chance!

Yeah, the idea is people post their report here since there are more views in this forum. Then when it drops down to the second page I'll move it over to the Reviews forum so it becomes 'archived' and people doing their research can find reviews more easily.

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Thanks Steve for the clarification on the postings.

As I saw you walking toward the boat on the 19th, I wanted to stop and introduce myself but I was on the opposite side of the pool from you so I didn't make it over to catch up with you. Maybe next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice