Trip report feb11-18

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by lisakevin, Feb 24, 2014.

1. lisakevin

lisakevin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    To start we are in our mid 40's, been to TTR a few times so decided to try something different.
    Check in- amazing we were taken to the VIP lounge because we flew with sunwing, had our room very quickly and easy. We had previously email Valentina to up grade to the jacuzzi room and she responded very quickly with prices. We emailed her back saying we want to upgrade. She said she would put it on our profile but unfortunately she could not guarantee we would get it. We got our up grade.
    Room- absolutely beautiful. The most beautiful view of the ocean we have ever had. Very clean, king size bed, a/c and fridge worked very well, maid service every day, she replenished the fridge but only with 2 of everything. So if anything was left the next day we would hide it. Had lots left at the end of the week. Lol.
    Service- The service was very good but they are very much overworked. The swim up bar was never busy because the water wasn't very warm so most people sat on the edge of the pool or the beach so the beach bar was by far the busiest. Yes there was line ups but the bartenders where amazing and did the best they could. You never stood in line very long. Drinks are wonderful. I drink rum and coke and it was Bacardi not the cheap shit.
    There wasn't much entertainment around the pool, and never will be. We sat with sarah69 one afternoon and she told us that there never will be. She doesn't want screaming in the microphone and the same games that all other resorts in Cancun do. Much more relaxed and melo then TTR. There was no shenanigans like body shots on the bar, with the security around I don't think they will allow it. Sarah did however go around one afternoon with chocolate syrup and did body shots with that on the outside of the pool. They do skits everyday that make you laugh but only last for a few minutes. Always have music playing, not lound but a good level. You can have a conversation and hear the other person speak. Was wonderful. The foam party was a blast. Lasted a couple hrs.
    Beach was beautiful, I'm a little on the hyper side so I'm not a beach person, but it was absolutely beautiful. Always something going on, on the beach. Volleyball, soccer, water aerobics.
    Night life. Well only made it out 4 out of 7 nights and all of them where great. Had entertainment in the coyote bar every night. Live band, professional pole dancers, Karaoke night pretty funny lol. The fact that everyone was concerned about it closing at 1:00 never seemed to bother people. One night I asked for 4 glasses of straight Bacardi and I got it. Took it to our room and a few people over and it was great. Had music in our room and never got in trouble to turn it down.
    The food, well I'm not a fussy person so I always found something, however my husband is so he wasn't so happy. Our best choice was the buffet because he could at least eat salad. Lol. ( very fussy). We made reservations at the white box, it was ok for me but again he didn't eat. It was like a ten course meal so you can find something on the menu. Italien was good. I did the sushi bar on the beach one day for lunch and it was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend if you like that to eat there everyday. You need to put your name down on a waiting list but it goes fast. All in all the food situation could use some help, hopefully by the time we go back they will have resolved that problem. Had to eat of the resort a few times.
    We met a lot of wonderful people and made a lot of new friends that we are hoping to meet up with them in oct at gov.
    My overall experience with this resort was great. We loved it, ( except food) we will go back again, but it's not a 24hrs party place like TTR I'm by no means comparing the two because they cannot be compared. The only similarity they have is that it's an adults 21 and over topless resort and that is it and I don't think it will ever be anything more.

****Lisa****

2. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great in-depth review. It's starting to sound perfect! 31 more days!!!

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the info

4. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    did you feel comfortable topless? how was that atmosphere?

5. DuffBambi

DuffBambi Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Great trip report!!!! So great meeting you guys!! So glad to hear your going back in Oct. I know alot of us are planning on going back then!!!!

6. DuffBambi

DuffBambi Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We felt comfortable topless! One day they even had free body painting and we all (I think there were about 8 of us) got flowers painted on our boobs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice