trip report,, feb

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Kev n Chris, Feb 29, 2012.

1. bonmitzi

bonmitzi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update in your trip report. Very disappointing to here. We are always there with a large group, so the girls are always safe from creepers. But it sounds like TTR is going down hill, and it kills me....

2. Russ & Kathy

Russ & Kathy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just book our 2nd visit to temptations and this post really bothered me. Last year it was so relaxing and comfortable with no worries. I hope I didn't make a mistake to go back. I'd hate to have to start worrying the whole time about these types of issues. But we spend most of our time at the quiet pool so hopefully we will stay away from the single guy controversy.

3. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the TR...sounds like you guys had fun.

4. Kev n Chris

Kev n Chris Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bonmitzi you have to accept there are good days and bad, it was a couple of incidents
    Jeff and Janet,, was nice seeing you again. By looking at other posts single men can be a problem as several have said and experienced. There were several bigish groups over the two weeks we were there 99% fine ,, just that one percent a real pain. It certainly wasnt pleasent when a girl had her head split open by a chair thrown by one, resulting in two single fellas from a group of four being ejected from the resort as they deserved. Quite a few people were complaining about being hit on very openly infront of partners. The fight outside our room was pretty nasty too,,if he had got at his wife who locked him out, dread to think what he would have done to her. The 'piss' head just didnt understand why everyone else should get sleep and was battering doors,, and the fight lasted quite a time too. Quite a lot of the sexy nature of the resort seemed to have gone replaced by who could drink the most,, there were quite a few really drunk people, did see a few actually refused servive, resulting in a barman getting threatened. Once again sercurity stepped in. Still couldnt understand why a couple of girls getting a bit naughty in a coener at Patyos got the sercurity telling off when there were people pissed and obnoxious staggering around being a pain. Toned down sexually .. yes,, drunks no problem? I wouldnt want my wife going to the loo and being acosted and think STEWARTS were very restrainted,, I know i wouldnt have been.
    Dont want to be nagative about the resort, but if people say nothing,,, nothing gets changed. We enjoy the place and dont want singles stopped going, like it the way its ment to be, and has been. We go for the whole experience, food, which is good,, staff great,, service great,meeting alsorts of people like yourselves.... but the equipment,, no way,, we pay for a holiday experience not just a place to get drunk and sleep a hangover off on the beach. Temptations is better than that, but not this year, which is a shame.

5. Trooley Insane

Trooley Insane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there in February also and I'd have to say the average age of the resort is getting much younger. Nothing wrong with younger but there at times was way too much testosterone (sp?). Guys were a bit more assertive and at least once a day near altercations insued around the sexy pool. The thing we use to really enjoy about TTR was the kick back attitude, everybody just having fun...no worries. Don't want to sound like an ole fogey but there is something to be said about maturity and what a couple (or more than a couple) of years can do for a relationship. If it wasn't for the relationships we established in years past and TTR being a great place to meet up with old friends we probably wouldn't frequent TTR anymore. Here's to lasting relationships with good ole TTR Friends!!

6. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Kev and Chris, Thanks for the clarification. I totally understand how one A-hole can have an impact. Fortunately in our time over the last 3 years we have never run into that problem, though I know that is not always the case for everyone, sometimes its just the luck of who happens to be there at the time. Again, the equipment thing, I have no room to give an opinion as we have never used any of those things.

As far as security, Janet was able to have a body shot done off of her at the swim up bar, then about 10 minutes later someone else tried and they wouldn't allow it... no big deal. The only other thing we saw that caused a problem was two girls were kind of going down on each other about 1 PM at the swim up bar, security made them stop and the guys they were with caused some ruckus in response, was taken care of rather quietly and no harm was done. As for the girls activities, everyones opinion is going to be different. A little hanky panky in the pool is all right, but they were going to town. A lot of people we were with didn't really care to see that, if we want to see that in public, we would go to Desire, again just a personal opinion, I know a lot of people don't care and thats cool too.

7. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does everyone realize that the turnover at this resort is daily and stuff like fighting and drinking to much happens in all the resort.. even the couples resorts. while it sucks to be there with a large group of young people because it can changes the vibe of TTR, this happen more during, Feburary, March and sometimes beginning of April.. Spring Break!!.. my point is .. TTR is not a big Spring break hotel but.. can you imagin what the other resorts are like during Spring break.. I feel very happy that we only deal with this at certain times of the year.. the rest of the time its a fantastic place!

8. Trooley Insane

Trooley Insane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've always went in February and try to make it earlier in the month to hopefully beat the spring breakers. We went in January a few times, too windy and cold evenings. Should we try mid to end of April?

9. Jasten

Jasten Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Good restraint. I would have let him have it earlier in the day. There is no way some single dude is going to creep around and make my wife uncomfortable.

10. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Very well said. We have been to quite a few resorts in Cancun and Temptation has probably the least amount of breakers. It is an absolute crazy town at those other resorts with spring breakers fighting, puking, being obscene with girls, screaming in your hallway at all hours. And sometimes getting the 18-year High School grads in May can be even worse as they have no idea how to handle their liquor. The grass is not always greener.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice