Trip Report Davp22 (Dave and Jen)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by davp22, Mar 23, 2009.

1. davp22

davp22 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All though we only had a long weekend, we still had a great time! We met Todzilla (next time we need to coordinate better so we can have some drinks!) and MandS (loved the shot glasses!), and Vegas Couple. We didn't make the meet & great the Friday due to a run in with Jose Cuervo (asleep/passed out by 9 or 9:30); that and having to be up at 4:30am to catch out 6:50am flight.

Saturday was spent by the pool under the clouds and in the wind, but it was still warm and still warmer than being in the midwest. Unfortunately, thanks to the girls that were staying in the room above us (I think they were there for the GotAss photo shoot) and a bottle of Jose, I passed out again by 7 (along with a few trips to the bathroom to view what I had just drank) and didn't wake up until 6:30 Sunday morning. I hear Jen, Zack and Tiff had a great night.

Sunday, woke up to exercise with Zack and Tiff, a great tasting glass of orange juice, and another visit to the bathroom to finish what I started the night before. After that, it was bloody mary's (slowly)... and the rest of the day was great! Sun, a little breeze; perfect day around the pool! We went to the bar in the middle of the resort (can't remember what it was called) for drinks and music.

Monday, we packed, had breakfast, and sat around the pool for a few hours before we left. For those that think you don't need sunblock when its cloudy... WRONG! My head didn't stop hurting from getting burned until Wednesday!!

All in all, we had a great time! Met some great people, ran into a couple that we had drank against a few years ago in the beer chugging contest... and found out that I don't get along with Cuervo. We are talking about going back in November for 5 nights. Hopefully things work out!

2. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Wow, and you still managed to have a good time! All I gotta say is...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :daveandmo:

3. Iowa Pork Chop

Iowa Pork Chop Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Too funny! Next time come along with us old Ottumwa folks. We flew out of Des Moines Monday the 9th to Atlata and on to Cancun. With the time changes (5 minute flight from ATL to CAN) we arrived at TTR by 10:15. Stipped out of Iowa Clothes outside of the lobby (We always have swim suits under our jeans and sweatshirts) made it to the sexy pool for a beer by 10:30. Only lost 30 minutes of drinking time. Had lunch, hit the beach got a room by around 4. patty O's and snacks untill the show started, made it to bed around midnight. Hit it hard Tues Wed and Thurs. Wife did crap out one night early. Trip home started at 9:30 AM when we left TTR and arrived home in Ottumwa at Midnight. Jet lag and TTR recovery was a &$tch!

4. hawkfans

hawkfans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey fellow IOWANS! Good to here you had a great time. I own a bar and grill in Urbandale - Victor's Sports Club. Stop by and I'll buy you a drink and we'll swap stories. We will be arriving the April 14th for 6 days and can't wait. This will be our first trip to Cancun and it sounds like we made the right choice with Temptation resort. We'll post our review upon return!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice