Trip Report 9-23 to 9-28

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by kristinanddoug, Sep 30, 2011.

1. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    AIRPORT and CHECK-IN
    We landed in Cancun at 2:00pm. We were able to breeze through customs and make it outside the airport by 2:30pm. We immediately found the USA Transfers greeter and he showed us to our vehicle in about 8 minutes. We then were able to drive straight to Temptation using the Wal-Mart road and missing all the lights through the hotel zone. We were checking in by 3:10pm. I would strongly suggest using USA Transfers when staying at Temptation.
    HOTEL ROOM
    We stayed in Room 1335, so that is Building 1, Floor 3, Room 35. Here is the view from the balcony:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty nice room with a king size bed and a queen size pillow top mattress cover, it was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept on in Cancun. The water pressure in the shower is unbelievable, probably better than our house, so that was cool. The 3rd floor is no big deal if you are agile.
    FOOD AND DRINK
    The food at Temptation is actually very good. From the breakfast buffet at El Embarcadero where we always had a made to order omelette which was always very tasty. To Margarita's where we always had our lunch and most of our dinners. The food was great, burgers or chicken sandwiches for lunch, Pork BBQ Ribs for dinner, which were very good. We also made a reservation for the Steak & Lobster dinner on the beach, here is a picture:
    [​IMG]
    Believe it or not, but we actually would not suggest this dinner, it costs $84 for a couple, and nothing was top-notch. The lobster wasn't the best, the steak wasn't the best, the chicken was actually the best meat and for $84 we could have gone across the street for a better dinner at the steakhouse. So in hindsight, next time we will go over there and spend $100 with tip.
    The drinks at Temptation are just fine. If you want to get really messed up you are going to have to do some shots. We are big drinkers but you could really put back those mixers and frozen drinks without getting too out of line. Well, except for this one night when Bob and Doug had a little too much fun at the Saturday night pool party:
    [​IMG]
    The pool party was actually a lot of fun, probably our best night of the trip. The Canadians were a ton of fun, and along with passed out Bob and the Dickhead, they made for some very good pictures.
    BEACHES AND POOLS
    I think the pool situation is where Temptation has a lot of other resorts beat. The fact that you have three different pools all enjoying three different things is perfect. We never actually set foot in the Sports Pool or the Quiet Pool but it was nice to know that it was there if needed. We spent all of our time at the Sexy Pool:
    [​IMG]
    I can see why a lot of people on this site are unhappy with Chinos not being there anymore, as most of the time we just wished they played more music and less talking and trivia. Tiger and Pedro took care of everyone all day at the bar, they are good shit.
    The beach at Temptation is very nice, although we are not big fans of the beach with the sand and salt and everything, not to mention it is so far away from the bar. But here is a decent picture of the beach:
    [​IMG]
    No waves to speak of and very safe for swimming, unlike a lot of the other resorts. You won't hear any waves crashing as you fall asleep at Temptation, which for some people, is nice to hear, so don't expect that here. Then again, don't expect to sleep much either. Here is another picture of the beach:
    [​IMG]
    STEVE'S Boobs Cruise
    All I can say is ''Wow!.'' That was one hell of a time. We have been on dozens of Isla Mujeres tours in our day, and that is by far the best. As we passed the other boats doing ''almost'' the same tour for the exact same price, the look on the eyes of those other people was priceless. They knew that they picked the wrong boat. The snorkeling was amazing:
    [​IMG]
    The stops we made were second to none. Drinking beers in a small, hot bar with real Isla Mujeres folks was the best. Pretty much everyone stops at that same restaurant for the buffet lunch though, I always suggest the deep fried fish there. And we actually docked the boat off one the best beaches in the Caribbean. We did flips off the boat and swam around, it was pure bliss. We really can't talk about much else except the AIWC brought along by Trapper23 was perhaps the highlight of the trip. Things got a bit crazy as I'm sure most of you know about. And Gary, you will always be a living legend.
    All in all, we would like to thank everyone we met over there like FloridaToCancun, Trapper23, Delicious, Coco78, CanadianSweetheart, fit4funcpl1, crazygw, Cancun Lover, party2, wadekranz, USAFDON, Kev_Watson, and Steve for making it all possible. Chances are, we will see you again. Thanks!
    P.S.
    Bringing Bubba Keg Mugs is overrated, it is nice to make multiple trips to the bar and talk with other people on the way there, there, and the way back. And we usually get two drinks at a time, so it isn't necessary to get a 46oz. drink holder.
    Saving seats with your towel at the sexy pool is also overrated. No one ever actually sits at the chair with your towel on it, unless you are passed out. We never once got a towel and reserved a seat at the sexy pool, we just threw our crap next to the tree at the bar or on Delicious' chair, and got our crap when the bar closed. I don't know why everyone thinks they need to claim a chair, if you are sunbathing, go to the beach, there are plenty of chairs there.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. zurc

zurc I want to grow up to be Chino's! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Super TR, Thanks for sharing. I agree with you on the fish. Some of the best that I've had anywhere.

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    fantastic, thank you!

4. First-timer

First-timer Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the great TR!

5. RandV

RandV Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  6. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Love the TR. Glad you had fun.

7. trapper23

trapper23 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great Trip report

Great trip report we agree with your trip report. The resort was fairly slow compared to other times we have been there. However, the people were amazing and more than made up for it. Doug and Kristin were rock stars.

8. MACLAN

MACLAN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We stayed in that same room! Great TR!

9. BIG JOEP

BIG JOEP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nice trip report! Been home a month now and really missing it.

10. 9Oclock

9Oclock Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report. Couldn't agree more with everything you wrote.
    Met so many great people last week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice