Trip Report 9/23 - 10/30

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RagZ, Oct 3, 2017.

1. RagZ

RagZ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0
    So I’m excessively word in general, so my short trip summary first. We went to TTR our first time 5 years ago and this (9/23 – 9/30) was our first trip back. I have to say, I’m very excited about all the changes. The new sexy pool is wonderful, Bash definitely has potential, the sports bar is far superior now, the food has improved, and the grounds as a whole feel FAR nicer. At the same time the vibe and the staff are both as good as ever. We met a ton of great people and are already planning our next trip.

So, longer report.

Atmosphere

Lets be real, this is the reason to come to TTR more so than anything else. It’s just as I remembered it. When first describing it to Ashley, or to friends, I compared it to adult Spring Break. This time it was no different; a fun, wild, party atmosphere with a clear sexual attitude underlining it all. The resort is nicer, the area bigger, but the vibe is the same TTR I remembered. If anything, it was a little more “party sexy” and a little less “raunchy sexy” which I recognize may not be what everyone would want but was actually spot on for us.

Facilities

So let’s hit the negatives first. Slick parts are definitely there. The worst offenders are the tile leading to the bathrooms past the sexy pool and the entrance to the buffet. Bash becomes a little obnoxious when it rains anywhere close to the event, as water pours off the edge onto those standing near the bar. A few issues with the room…the wall paper is not going to age well imo. Additionally, the lights in the built in closets tended to not register the door being shut, so were always on. Finally, the sheets were…weird. Ashley said they felt “damp” all the time, and I just found them rough and tended to cling to the skin.

That’s really it in terms of big negatives for me. I thought the rooms were really nice. I liked the rain head shower, and the stall itself was nice and big enough for multiple people to be in there comfortably. The built-in closets look nice, and we didn’t have the same storage issue others had. There were a few drawers throughout the closets plus shelf space in there; plenty for us to take our clothes out of our suitcases and store it. Also, EVERYTHING is glossy, leading to some interesting “mirror-like” uses for the closets and the walls in the shower stall ;)

The view out of the new lobby to the ocean is a gorgeous first site. Indeed, the whole lobby just immediately sets a very different and far more upscale tone. Bash and the Sexy Pool were both nice, but felt a little big. However, once the resort becomes fully booked I think they both will feel much more appropriate. Bash felt a little disjointed with the stage in the middle, but I’m holding off judgment until I’m there with more people. The new sports bar is far better than the old one, and actually I had more fun when the party was in there then when it was at Bash.

Restaurants

Let’s hit She first. I’ve heard a bunch of complaints with this one and I’m just not on board with pretty much any of them. I think the biggest thing with She is you have to know what you’re getting into before you go and you need to be okay with that. If you’re not, there’s no point in going. The portions are small, the food can be strange, and the eating is staggered. If any of that bothers you, it’s probably not for you. However, if you want to try a variety of very unique dishes and enjoy an interesting and intimate atmosphere. I’m a larger guy and while each dish was a small portion, I didn’t find myself feeling hungry by the end because I actively tried and ate everything. We ate there twice, once on a 7-course meal and once a 9-course, and both were phenomenal and each included one of the best things I ate all week (one a mushroom gravy lamb shank, the other a orange-honey duck confit)

Sutra was phenomenal as well. We did the hibachi and the guy was the best I’ve seen in quite some time. Friendly, skilled, and put on an excellent show. The shrimp and steak were both some of the best of each type of food I had the whole weekend. Looking forward to trying it again next time to order from the actual menu.

Sea Flirt was fun and a neat location. I had to laugh at the music in there though. I’m not sure if it’s routine, but they were doing “lounge” version of popular music. I couldn’t help but laugh as I sat there hearing Taio Cruz’s Dynamite done by a woman that sounded like she was in a Vegas lounge. Had the coconut shrimp with a mango sauce that was tasty.

The Italian restaurant was similar to before, which means it’s still a solid place. The sexy coffee is as fun as ever and my wife got the steak that’s on the menu which was mouth watering. Strangely enough, for an “Italian” restaurant, I’d say the pasta is some of the least impressive part of the restaurant.

Breakfast and Lunch buffet wasn’t much different in my opinion, though the split nature of the buffet is a little weird. The sushi bar was great for a nice alcohol friendly lunch. The fries at Bash remain the greatest drunk food possible.

Staff

Our Butler, Alejandro, was great despite some ups and downs. There was some miscommunication between him and his backup on his off days for some of our reservations. However, he made up for it in spades and set up a very nice anniversary celebration in the room for Ashley and I.

Everyone at the front was nice, aside from the fact that the premier stuff got VERY annoying. I’m already a premier member, I don’t need to be hounded continually for the tour that I know is just leading to an attempt to up-sell. I don’t need to have my phone ringing at 9:00 every day to try to get me to come to the lobby for one reason or another to get me to talk about premier stuff. Was just very annoying and the only thing the whole trip that left a sour taste in my mouth.

I absolutely adored the entertainment staff. The girls were both gorgeous and friendly. Laura and Shelby especially were favorites of mine all week long. The guys were great as well, with my wife very much enjoying Pedro and Mauricio. They still have some learning to do (need to be a bit louder announcing things, and more frequent with announcing it), but I think by and large they’re on the right path. I know a lot of people love JJ, but I’m actually happy he’s more in the background. This goes back to a bit of what I was talking about earlier….the new entertainment staff is a bit more “party sexy” than “raunchy sexy” like I always found JJ. Ashley found a lot of JJ’s comments/attidue came off less “fun and flirty” and more “creepy or lewd”. I’m sure this may have to do with comfort level with how much we’ve been there compared to others, and it may also have to do with the natural way some things come off with age differences. The feeling was just different between the entertainment staff now and that we remembered from before. Again, this isn’t saying one is “better” or “worse” in general; just different. But we very much enjoyed the new staff.

Larissa was my absolute favorite waitress. Girl was into every song, incredibly friendly, and looked like she was having the time of her life every night while on the job. It was impossible to not have a good time when you see someone on the staff enjoying herself like that.

------------

Final random notes (and I’m HORRIBLE with names so sorry if I get these wrong :\ Much better with faces)…

Thanks to Nikki2u for setting up the Room Crawl and YnotCpl66 to herding all the cats to get it started.

JasonandNikki, it was so great meeting you two. You definitely helped make the trip all the more special. It was wonderful having a couple to hang with throughout. BJ got home safe and sound (he's proudly displayed on the mantle at the moment lol. I'll have to share a pic)

KawaiiCouple. KITTY! You two were a blast and I’m so glad we ended up talking more as the week went on. Hope we get to celebrate another anniversary together at some point in the future.

The couples of girls that my wife would “volunteer” each morning (not sure if they’re on the forum)….Ashley appreciated you letting her drag you up for all the stretching/dancing/yoga.

Kevin, enjoyed Hold’em and appreciate the info about the Sens. Also, looking forward to October 23rd…. ;)

Steve, the Boob Cruise was a highlight yet again. Seriously, there’s no chance we go to TTR and not get on the cruise. Ashley fully expected the standard ribbing for keeping her top on, but as always appreciated how accepting and non-pushy everyone actually was with it.

To just about everyone….thank you for helping a typically shy guy with confidence issues not feel like a complete buffoon getting up in front of everyone and playing some of the games at the pool.

Alright, enough of my rambling. It was an absolutely wonderful trip and we’re anxious to head back again, hopefully in April. There’s definitely changes happening, but I think overall TTR is definitely going in the right direction.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. RagZ

RagZ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0
    Oh, and one other thing. My wife said she talked with a couple and had them add me on facebook. However, my shitty travel phone screwed up and declined the request when I was trying to open it to accept. Unfortunately, she couldn't recall the name so I couldn't resend the invite (and drunken me only vaguely remembered what the name looked like in my notification screen; never doing the "travel phone" thing again). She did say you were on the forum though, so figured I'd post it here. I know that's incredibly vague, but if it rings any bells and you sent me an invite and I didn't accept it...send it again ;)

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. rieldeal

rieldeal Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Ashly, check your time, it's time to re-apply:)

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed reading. We think alike as I almost all the way through found myself agreeing with your points and shaking my head yes good way of explaining it.

Happy to finally found someone else that enjoyed She besides us. And you did a good job of explaining why.

Also totally agree on the vibe and jj and entertainment staff. Another segment well explained.

Thanks for sharing and the detail!

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
    I must disagree on She.
    Way too slow and the food choices just not for most.
    Unusual combinations and tastes, yes.
    I predict they will be closed soon.
    21 tables x 2 guests x 3 sittings = 126 servings per night is not a good use of the space
    Know several people whom left during the meal
    Others did not show
    Very few, such as yourselves whom enjoyed it.

7. J.P. & LISA

J.P. & LISA Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 1
    When we were there in September we enjoyed the she restaurant you just have to put an hour and a half or two to the side to enjoy it I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as well to me it was very romantic and sensual

8. havfunwus

havfunwus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    This Feb will be our first trip to Cancun.. Your update was very useful and informative. Thanx for posting. Its invaluable to newbies like us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice