Trip Report 5/19-5/23

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by jessandpaul, May 26, 2014.

1. jessandpaul

jessandpaul Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We arrived at Temptation on May 14th and stayed for 5 days. This trip marked our 5th trip and our days took the same shape as in past trips.

Check in was quick – a quick “no thanks!” allowed us to dodge the time share pitch. Interesting twist though, they did say it wasn’t a time share pitch but was a program for “repeaters.” Still, no thanks! We were offered to go to Desire for two days, but we declined. Lunch and room was ready by 2:30 as promised. We booked a Jacuzzi room and loved it. We used that Jacuzzi each and every night.

Each day we had breakfast at the buffet and got to the pool by 10. We never had a problem getting a chair. Drinks, shots, shots, shots, shots, … more drinks…. You know how it goes. Back to the room for “naps” around 5, dinner by 8, Patty Os by 930! We did not mind the music loop and it became a joke by the end of our stay – we could nearly predict what the next song would be.

The weather did not cooperate during our trip but who cares! We met so many great people and our cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Comparing our first trip to this one, what I CAN say is that TTR is consistent. Yes, the room is a bit musty but it is always clean. No, I won’t drink the tap water even though it says “potable.” The food is fine and lord knows we don’t go hungry. But, do we come for the food and the rooms? NOPE – we come for the people, the vibe and the party. We attended our first ever foam party (OMG!); met cute boys from Canada and sexy girls from Texas and crazy couples from the UK. We met a rocker baker and day care provider from Maine. (we love you B&J) We danced in the rain until our feet hurt. I got a little too competitive in water polo and saw more of “Tennessee” than I ever thought I would. Loved seeing the Mayor and his lovely wife.

2016 – we will be back! (Unless Jamie convinces us to come for a quick trip in May 2015)

Thanks everyone. You made our trip awesome!

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. BostonMel

BostonMel I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +506 / 2
    Loved seeing you guys again! Always a blast! Hope for a quick trip in 2015, but I'll settle for 2016. If I have to...... sigh....
    xo

3. jessandpaul

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mel - you rock! I loved seeing you always flitting by - hostess with the mostest!
    ~Jess

4. sillyleo

sillyleo I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Glad you guys had a fabulous trip! I always love seeing repeater trip reports!

And 2016???? What what??? :icon_eek:

5. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Great report - Desire offer, would there have been an upcharge? When we arrived in Feb they were overbooked and asked the same of us, we declined since Desire looked to be a $1k + over TTR.

6. jessandpaul

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No upcharge at all. They called it a "promotion" and said they would even pay for transfers to and from.

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Nice trip report!!! :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

8. sillyleo

sillyleo I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    From what has been posted on here, transfer because of overbooking is free of additional charge.

9. onlyyoungonce

onlyyoungonce Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The guy who checked us in said "i personally will pay for the upgrade for you to go to Desire" ....Reeaallyy?? Like you really expect us to believe that you personally are going to pay for us to go? Tricky little man...wish we would have tried it for a day or 2 tho.

10. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    Looking through trip reviews the one thing you can say is that 99 percent of folks love the place. After all what's not to like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice