Trip Report - 2/15 thru 2/22 2014

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Netcruizer99, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Netcruizer99

Netcruizer99 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Trip Report

Cliff Notes: Had a great time, met a lot of fun people, we would definitely return. :)

I’ll provide highlights instead of a day by day journal.

Check-in:
    Our checkin was pretty simple, room wasn’t ready but that was ok, it was early, so we expected it. I tried something new that I had read about for the Vegas hotels. When I handed over our passports, I included a $20 bill and asked if there was any upgrades available. Supposedly, that has helped some people get better rooms. We specifically asked for a quite room, so while we didn't get bumped up to a jacuzzi suite, we did get a really quiet room. I thought reception kept the $20 bill. However, on the way home at the airport, I discovered the $20 bill was still in my passport. :)

Timeshare:
    We had originally decided that we would skip the timeshare. But after talking about it, we thought, its early, our room’s not ready, and you never know, we might actually want to hear what the offer is. In the end, they wanted an awful lot of money ($39,900 USD) for the platinum level of the vacation club. So we definitely did not sign for it. The value just wasn’t there for us. Plus, we don't sign anything without sleeping on it for a day or two. Car salesmen hate us because we wait to sign anything, we did the same here. There’s a few more details I wrote about in this post:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/temptation-resort-cancun/29267-avoiding-time-share-2.html#post626312

Boobs Cruise.
    By far this was the highlight of the trip. I think my favorite part was the look on people’s faces as they boarded the other “boose” cruise and were realizing that they were on the wrong boat. My second favorite part was the look on all of the boats that passed us by, again they were all wishing they were on our boat. (even the boatload of soldiers that passed us all had big grins on)
    My third favorite was the welcoming committee when we got back to TTR. It was great to see everyone waiting on us and then welcome us back when we got up to the sexy pool.

We will never be able to go on any normal booze cruise ever again without wishing we were on Steve’s Boobs Cruise. Chino and Omar were great, we had a great group of people who apparently know how to have fun (you all know who you are :) ). and we broke the record for the number of tops strung up the mast. I think there was a bottom on there too. No wait, Chino wore that on his head the entire time. LOL.

Then there was the AIFWC... 'nuff said. :daveandmo:

Food:
    We’re not too picky, so we thought the food was fine and there was enough variety for a 7 to 10 day stay. We mainly ate breakfast in the buffet, drank our lunch at the sexy pool bar, and would try to eat dinner in a different restaurant each night. The only thing we missed was the sexy coffee. It wasn’t until we got back that we realized we totally forgot to ask about it.

While everyone typically raves about the Asian Wok, both of us had unsettled stomachs after eating there. She had chicken, I had the beef, we weren't sure if it was MSG or some other spice that we weren’t accustomed too. It was delicious, but for some reason it bothered our stomachs. It was nothing serious though and we were ready to drink our lunch the next day at the sexy pool.

Sensual massage:
    I can see why some who are in the lifestyle may not care for the massage. But for a couple of frisky vanillas, it was definitely worth it and in our view it was pretty hot. We're torn. I would do it again, but she says, once was enough. Especially since they didn't leave like they tell you in the description. It was one of the "gimme's" for doing the timeshare, so it only cost us $80. Like everyone else says, try it at least once. If you do the timeshare tour, make them give you the sensual massage for free, instead of discounted down to $80.

Sexy pool.
    Wow! what a blast. We met so many great people at the pool, had a lot of fun discussions and the games were pretty fun. We weren’t brave enough to volunteer for them, but we had a blast cheering on the participants.

I'll fess up, I think the drinks were watered down. :( I got to the point that we would ask for extra liquor or some shots that we could toss into our drinks. But the bartenders never said no or blew us off. When we asked for extra, they gladly gave it to us.

As far as the party was concerned in the pool, we always knew it was kicking into high gear when the Mankini showed up! I believe some AIFWC survived the Boobs Cruise and found its way to the pool too!

Chair Saving.
    Yep, definitely a lot of seat saving going on. I don’t want to debate the pros & cons of the seat or chair situation. I doubt anyone will ever come up with a fair solution. But I (for whatever reason) would wake up on my own around 5 or 5:30 am, so I figured, I’m awake, why not go out and save a couple of chairs. To my surprise, a lot were already saved! LOL, man, you guys at TTR really know how to party until the wee hours of the morning and are still sober enough to remember to grab some chairs. I tip my hat to you! Either way, when in Rome, do as the Romans, so I would grab a couple of chairs around 5:30 or 6:00 am.

Room
:
    We had room 5734 overlooking the marina and the back of the port office. It was high enough that we got a view of the water. But the rooms below us the view would suck. The room was clean and taken care of every day by Martha. We left a note for additional water and Coke Zero as well as a tip each day and our room was always spotless. She did a great job.

As a side note, the bottom floor rooms were being remodeled while we were there. (5711, 12, 13, 14). These were the rooms with the glass into the toilet that lots of people complain about. I stuck my head in the rooms one day and discovered that they were installing frosted glass in place of the clear glass. So that should make some people happy.

People:
    Man, we met a lot of nice people. K-Passa said it one day in the pool and just about everyone else supported the statement that its the people that make TTR. We felt welcomed and a part of the group. We met some really nice folks from Shreveport who aren’t on Cancun Care (yet) but we told them about it and hope they join. She was brave enough to participate in the Sexy Miss Temptation contest.

Overall:
    We had a blast. We were able to spend some much needed together time, and we both were able to get away from a couple of high stress jobs, kick back, relax, meet some great people, and have a great time. We are definitely looking forward to week 8 next year!

Netcruizer99

2. rome2000

rome2000 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So what is this sexy coffee and where can I get it?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. dnlb

dnlb Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0

At the Italian restaraunt, you have to request it, it's quite a show!

4. bigsexy&misssexy2012

bigsexy&misssexy2012 Shot Opus & Toga Fan Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    Sexy coffee is served at the Italian restaurant at the end of the meal...but you have to ask for it. Had it for the first time in December. It's a demonstration ..lighting the alcohol on fire....streaming into the cups....very cool....and tastes fantastic...like chocolate coffee. Definitely recommend it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. jeff&daphneinok

jeff&daphneinok Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great details! Thanks

6. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Nice TR! Thanks for sharing :) Can't wait until June!

7. Don&Olga

Don&Olga Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice report, glad to hear you had a great time thanks for sharing

8. chris-n-allison

chris-n-allison Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sexy coffee at the Italian!!!

9. paulandcornie

paulandcornie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 0
    Thanks for the excellent report. We're headed down mid-March, so this is great info to have as we prepare.
    - Paul

10. Dragonsblood

Dragonsblood Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spot on Netcruiser99

Trip Report

Cliff Notes: Had a great time, met a lot of fun people, we would definitely return. :)

I’ll provide highlights instead of a day by day journal.

The only thing I may disagree on is the drinks..that splash on soda they garnished the Bourbon with wasn't doing it..I had to tell them to lighten up the drinks..
    Maybe next time I shouldn't tip the bartender as well..lol..
    No..they did a great job...drinks were plenty strong..

Now if they can get a new DJ..TTR will be on our top 5 list..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice