Trip report 13-21 Dec 2008

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hcube, Dec 23, 2008.

1. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is not a day by day report, but rather some of the high points that I remember. We were at Temptations from 13-21 Dec. This was our second trip to the resort as we went the first time in January of this year. The non-stop flight on USA 3000 out of St. Louis went smoothly. Took off at 0700 and we were at the pool by 1100. That was with about a fifteen minute wait for our transport with Brandts. We got a nice room on the first floor by the quiet pool. One afternoon there was wedding on the beach that we could see from our room. We did not leave the resort for the time we were there. But then we are of the older type. Took advantage of the Hobbie cat sail boats and introduced several people to sailing.
    Only ate at one of the specialty restaurants. The seafood restaurant, it was good, as was the food in general.
    The new entertainment crew is doing a great job. We enjoyed the games and even participated in one. Thought that Tequila volleyball was really tame based on the game earlier in the week, as there was zero skin exposed during the game. But then came the wilder version later in the week and there was plenty of exposed skin.
    Only went to one of nightly shows in addition the lingerie night which was good but mostly tamer than some say it used to be. Not a lot of people dressed up for the occasion.
    The hotel is pumping sand from a shallow area that is about a quarter of a mile off shore. They are using a six inch pipe. They have built up sand by the towel hut a couple of feet. When they are pumping there is an odor that is not too pleasant. One can find some nice little shells at times.
    Some of the chairs are getting in a bad state of repair, as are some of the paloppas on the beach.
    With the exception of the first day the weather was very pleasant. First day it was cool with a slight sprinkle. Lows were about 70 with the highs around the mid 80s. There was always an off shore breeze that was a little cool at times.
    Some of us were going to try and take out the resort’s powerboat, however it was booked up. Talked to some people that did go out and they said it was a really good time.
    Met and talked to a lot of nice, pleasant people. Met Jim (jblais30) and his friend Jeremy, Mitchell (infidel), Paul and Dixie (kanewahine69), Neil (neo), Rick and Jill, all from this forum. There should have been more but they either did not make it or did not surface. Also met Harry from Canada. Jerry and Rose form Canada. Brace and Lisa from South Dakota. These are the only ones that I can recall the names of, however there were several more.
    All in all we had a great time. Home to a couple of inches of snow with a thick crust and a glaze of ice. Felt lucky to get down the road to the house. hcube

http://public.fotki.com/reflection1/trip-dec-2008/

2. Scoooter

Scoooter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

3. k4110

k4110 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Henry, We met you last year. Tim & Kathy. Me and you were the only ones up at 630 in the morning by the pool! Glad to see you came back. Liked your report we leave in 5 days. Hope the dredging is done. Good pics. Maybe next year.

4. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Sorry we missed you this year too Henry! Tim, Kathy, Rob and I will do our best to keep the party torch going in your honour!

Diana

5. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the report, looks like they are doing a nice job rebuilding the beach!!! More room for horseshoes!!

6. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the report......*sigh* makes me sooooo want to go back

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Glad to hear about your trip and enjoyed the pics. Bigger is definitely better for the beach, and I hope the sand stays around.

8. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Thanks for the report

9. Darrell

Darrell Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the report & the pictures . Trying to go back next year the pictures help the time go by

10. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey hcube, thanks for the TR & pics, it was really good partying & visiting with you & the missus. I'd post a TR myself but I really don't remember that much. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.
    C-YA,
    Mitchell

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice