TRIP REPORT 10/18-26/08

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ed & Susan, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Ed & Susan

Ed & Susan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    We arrived late Saturday afternoon, just in time to dump our bags in our room and have a drink in Diego’s. Felt so good to be back and we were happy to see our favorite bartender, Alfredo, still working his magic behind the bar. It was great to see Chris and Bev right away there, so chatted with them for a while and enjoyed the live band. Couldn’t last for long though, somehow after flying all night (18 hrs in the air and airports) to get there we bagged it fairly early. Had a very nice room overlooking the quiet pool and a view of the ocean and gratefully hit the plywood-hard bed for the night. Thought the new white/red interior decorating very nice.
    We got up Sunday eager to be poolside and enjoyed hitting the buffet and exploring around again, running our toes through the sand (snow just doesn’t feel the same way in Alaska!) and napping by the quiet pool.
    Will just summarize the rest of the week as we’re having a little trouble remembering day-to-day specifics, I’m sure that doesn’t have anything to do with excessive intake of alcohol we consumed! The best memories stand out though, all involving a whole lot of fun people. We hooked up with a fun group from Texas on Sunday night and got a little carried away on beer and tequila shots.
    Meeting Chet and Keith the next day is at the top of our list. We give Chet great props for being our social director and introducing us to so many great people. Through him, we met Clint and Sandy, a fabulous and fun couple from Boston, and we also met up with awesome Eddie and Michelle from Kentucky – all great people. The group of us had a fantastic time touring the bars downtown, which Chet has already written about in great detail, so we won’t go back over it, but suffice it to say that Susan is no longer a virgin to dancing on a bar. Good times!
    We had to say goodbye to Clint and Sandy mid-week, which was sad, but almost immediately after met up with Matt and Susan from Kansas, so that was great. Very awesome couple! It was fun that within the first hour or so of meeting them got to watch Matt and Ed get de-trunked. Ha! One of Ed’s trip highlights is getting flashed by Susan – he says that after that most everything else is pretty much a blur. Something about a naughty schoolteacher fantasy he’s got. Inside joke. Had a fabulous time shopping with them downtown and going with them and Chet & Keith on the booze cruise & Carlos-Charley’s.
    It rained enough times on us that we stopped being concerned with being wet and just hung out at the pool bar laughing and joking around. Not too much left to report, except to mention some other fun people we met along the way, like the very lovely Romanians, Stephan and his fiance. They were a hoot. We also met up with DJ and Evelyn, and all the hooligans. Hopefully they all had a great halloween there.
    We are already looking at dates for our next trip, possibly for sometime in April 09. Thanks to all for a really great time!!
    Ed and Susan

2. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great TR....glad you had a great time

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Nice TR Ed & Susan. I know Cancun would have to be a welcome change from a Fairbanks winter. I usually figure that winter starts there around Labor Day!

4. matt and susan

matt and susan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had so much fun and meeting you guys was GREAT! Next time we all go back we need to make sure we have more time together. Susan, you and I would have had a blast at Coco Bongo's....FUN place! Take care, keep in touch.

Susan

5. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the TR
    :cool:
    Reggie

6. Chet

Chet Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    Great TR guys.Like I have said so many times.You guys made my trip.Wouldnt have been the same without you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice