Trip Report 04/06-10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Mark and Staci, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    My trip report was about the resort specifically. We met people and had a good time. We always have a good time wherever. I just couldnt put a positive spin on a place so lacking.

Im sure most of the people who raved about the rooms had upgrades. Thats fine, but even without upgrading, I expect a standard resort room to be better than a Red Roof Inn.

Oh well. Good luck to you folks. Hope your experience at GOV is much better than ours. I am out!

2. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    been there done that ...yes will go back t:fish1::fish1:eek: G.P.,,,,,,gov we will soon see......

3. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We didn't have an upgrade. When we booked, there was an upgrade to a Spice Room, but we just chose the Standard room. Even when we got there, we didn't upgrade.
    I suspect that when all of the shitty 'Motel 6' rooms have been renovated, there will not be as many room complaints. Except on TripAdvisor. Where people complain about the most minute details.

4. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the TR, Sorry you all had a bad trip.. but I am so glad that you were Honest about your trip.. I hope next time you travel to Cancun, (which ever place you stay in, is a better experience)

5. beachcpl4fun

beachcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    I also feel bad for you guys. The room itself does matter to me as we spend a fair bit of time there and the environment sets a tone. I do agree the front desk is understaffed-we were lucky enough to escape it. Agree the beach and pool bars needed more help in prime times. There were lines when we were there, but we just brought the big mugs and I always got 2 shots of tequila every time I hit the beach bar. Seems to me that timing is also key. I didnt ever see the buffet run out of things but I think we were there at off-peak times. I do hope GOV gets the remaining room renovated quick and fixes the things that tick folks off. If they do it would be a reliable option. Right now it probably is a 50-50 bet. There were quite a diverse group of people there when we stayed, but our week had more groups of single ladies than groups of single men.

6. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    That's what I'm getting from these latest reports.. it really seems 50/50. In our case we're at TTR for 2 weeks and then 5 days at the GOV. We will def. be upgrading our room, I think from what I'm reading that motel 6 would really bug me/ piss me off.
    We stayed in a resort where it appeared to us the main dish was wieners.. they put cut up wieners in everything.. The food choice was awful, lunch and supper.. breakfast was not bad.. it didn't take us long to figure that if we wanted a good/great meal we would leave the resort.
    I guess for us what its coming down to is we got a great deal and like many of you this place may not be in our future.. but like some said hope its better for others... I sure as hell hope so.
    I still don't understand how some had a great time and others didn't. These trip reports are like night and day...
    Anyways we appreciate the time everyone is putting into these reports and well we can't say we weren't warned.. Thank you all.

7. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I really appreciate this report. Considering how excited you have been and all you went through to get there, Im sure you went in with a really positive mindset and truly wanting to love it. I'm so sorry that you didn't the vacation of your dreams.

8. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Your last paragraph should be underlined or in bold type.

At the risk of broken record syndrome, all I can say is I have nevr deviated, since being on site in November and feeling disrespected, from sounding the alarm bell about the red flags WE seen and felt about GOV.

However as you infer, ppl naturally have a bias towards 'chicken littles'.
    Most think 'stuff' won't happen to them. It will be different for them. They will get things fixed. They will show how it is done or 'make the party'.
    Or the most common refrain lately 'there is still time for them to improve before we get there'
    Which says an awful lot to me about ppl.
    GOV doesn't care about you or anyone else and is not goin' to change.
    It is an old hotel that is part of a large chain.
    The food always sucked, the employees were always cold, it never had a vibe and has always had a compound feel.

It was always a pig and is now being pushed as a piglet with make-up.

*to those who want to tee off on me, with insipid venom about 'stay on TTR forum', let me convey that I hate seeing 'good people' getting swindled.
    And yes I am happy when ppl I know cancel their GOV plans.

9. FUN IN THE SUN

FUN IN THE SUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0
    Thanks for your report, We appreciate your honest review/opinion, especially beings everything was said in a respectful manner.
    We are not looking for a replacement to TTR but would like an alternate place to go if the price at TTR continues to rise.
    We could have a good time no matter what resort we go to. Sunshine, drinks, great people and bikini's make sure of that.
    We do have some expectations and it sounds like there is some work to be done for GOV.
    Thanks TEXAS!
    PS. We didn't know there was a topless pool in Texas :icon_lol:

10. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    When R U planning the next patio/shindig?
    I'll put in for time-off.
    Would Luv to try a Texan cook-out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice