Trip Report 04/06-10

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Mark and Staci, Apr 11, 2014.

1. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    wow....2 weeks from today for us ....how was the beer ??? rum in coke, and most importantly the VODKATONIC ?

2. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Thanks for the report. The "understaffed" is almost unforgiveable. Hire the people. We pay hard earn money to vacation and to have to deal with a understaffed resort is hard to swallow. I think I'm changing my May plan's

3. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're going to see this as a common theme, I'm sure, in the upcoming Trip Reports. I always try to put a positive spin on things, but the beach/pool bars and Check-in desk are Grossly understaffed. There are plenty of people trying to get you to do, buy, sign up for this, tour that in the main lobby all the way through the VIP bar, but 2-3 people checking guests in. GOV Staff: If you are reading this, please take note that these are basic things that need to be addressed right away.

For us, the negatives did not outweigh the positives. We had a blast, and pretty much did what we set out to do.

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    And rooms, beach, service....

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    That's my thought as well.

6. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Thank you for being honest, you really had bad luck this year with losing your passport to Having re-booked and to having a bad vacation. sorry to hear

7. StewKris2000

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beer was Dos XX, which is fine with lots of limes. ASK for specific rum (Bacardi, etc.) or they will use 'well' rum from the dispenser. ASK for a specific vodka as well. Tip: Absolut vodka anywhere else but the VIP bar will cost you extra. So, if you're at the pool or beach and ask for Absolut, they will ding you for $7.00 per drink. Walk to the VIP bar and save yourself $7.00.
    Source: We hung out with a couple who had this down to a science. I'm no vodka drinker, but they claimed that the 'best' vodka at the pool bars tasted like jet fuel.

8. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So sorry to hear that you had a bad trip. Our friends from CCC, Martinagirl, were one of the first "negative" trip reports back in January. There report continues to be bang on.

9. StewKris2000

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't understand it either. It has to be the luck of the draw. Our room was fine - no Motel 6 decor - the air worked and didn't leak, the window closed, they cleaned our room every day (although sometimes not until 5:00 or so), there were plugs everywhere, we didn't have to put our room card in the slot by the door to make the lights work, and our fridge was cold and always stocked.

On Friday evening before dinner, the water did completely stop working, but we just, ahem, waited it out doing other things, and 1/2 hour later we were able to take showers, albeit by holding the shower button for each other because the pressure was a bit low.

The common denominator her seems to be the service, which is lacking. That is an understatement.

It may be about perspective also: we are busy parents of 3 kids ages 7-11, and we are both full-time career people as well, so maybe our standards are a bit lower. We just want to be together and feel like adults, and the smell of Mexico, as soon as the plane door opens, is very welcome to us, even though it kinda smells like rotten eggs and mildew!! Because, well, we are in CANCUN and we love it!

10. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Wow is all I can say,I guess we must have had a like totally good luck because we honestly never had one single issue, sorry you didn't have a the same luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice