trip rates for 2014 at GOV

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by sweetchildomine, Dec 1, 2013.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Buy a timeshare and pay 153 a night ? Hell of a deal. So 10 day trip that's 1530 bucks plus your airfare. Being a non member we have never paid 2300 total all in. Oh and we get Smirnoff almost everytime. Lol.

Wow.

2. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    FYI, member prices from May to Dec 14 should be $138 USD ($119 + 16% tax) / night and Jan to Apr 14 (if I remember correctly) was about $163 USD. So if prices have dropped for Jan to May here is hoping to a similar drop for May to Dec. Gotta luv saving money :)

3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Depends on what you negotiate as a member with TTR, ours rate is not any where near that.

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

yes , but how much did you have to pay to get that rate.?

if your going to boast on how good your rate is at least post the darn thing and say how much you had to pay to get the rate.

If its that good then maybe more of us will look into it :)

You almost think members have to sign a confidentiality agreement.

5. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just found out today people we know spend 4400 bucks for 12 days through a travel agent flying on signature to go to TTR. My guess that is where they get a high percentage of their people to buy timeshares. Either people who are not very experienced at travelling or scared or afraid to book through Internet.

As a side note I have no idea how there is a job as a travel agent anymore. Surprises me with Internet

6. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1

Several years ago, we traded a Westin timeshare straight up. We bought the original one around 2000, didn't pay a lot but the yearly fee ballooned. When hassled about the premier membership, we said if you take it from us and no yearly fee, it's yours. They agreed so we were very happy as we were not using the timeshare. That's the story on how we are members.

Last year we paid 1010 for 10 nights at TTR, 101 per night. We also take our kids to sea adventure each year and that is around 150 four 4.

So I doubt we are the normal premier members, as we are going for part of our trip to GOV. I am not a cheerleader for premier and have yet to tell anyone it is a good idea. We made a bad decision with the timeshare and simply mitigated our losses.

7. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Trying to book GOV for the first week of April at the moment. Looks like Orbitz has the best price, but when I go to book, it comes up higher, citing a "change in availability"...lol.

8. yvr1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We don't really understand where the big savings are with the Premier deal. We went to TTR twice this past year and each time we booked on Expedia combing the airfare. Over Halloween, we paid just under $2100 for the week for 2 of us. Airfare on Westjet would have been about $1300, leaving a balance of $800 for the accommodation portion. That works out to just over $110 per night, and we didn't have to buy in for thousands of dollars.

We've noticed that many Premier members conveniently omit the fact that they put out a huge capital outlay to buy in in the first place, which invested on the open market would probably give them a return far greater than any supposed savings realized.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Try sunwing, or selloff, got 4 nights for 688 24/28 April 2 days ago.

10. yvr1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yeah, I saw your post about Selloff. Forgot about them. They are higher at the moment though.

United is cheapest right now. Really prefer to fly on Westjet, for the direct flights, no baggage fees, and no US customs to deal with...such friendly folks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice