Trip Commentary: Oct 4-11 - Still Ttr!

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by bearhug, Nov 2, 2017.

1. bearhug

bearhug Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Ok, so after reading many other reviews before and after my return, it was really difficult to come up with something that would give more insight…so here’s a few key points that you’ve already read somewhere but this sums it up.

TTR is still TTR with some improvements, some drawbacks and some take it or leave it items.

...shamless plug...if you have never done a Boobs Cruise...what are you waiting for? Always a highlight of the week and a great way to make new friends! (don't hang out at the back of the boat!!!)

One item is they were little more relaxed on some of the old standards during the soft opening…some folks might not be told by security to change out of an exposing costume...for the record, I would have been told to change at the old TTR.

Bottom line as always, the people make the party. We had a couple of boring hours when there was no one around (mainly because we didn’t realize they’re at the old sports bar/nice shoes)…but once we hooked back up with our friends…it was a crazy good night. Theme nights were good…saw those who participated with the hotel and others who were in their own groups and own themes. Made for a fun night everywhere. As usual, made new friends.

Entertainment staff did a decent job. JJ knows what he’s doing…he’s not Chinos, will never be Chinos, but he’s a good guy. We got drunk in the pool together after the beer drinking contest…The staff was allowed to get involved more with the crowd. Only 1 of the 3 girls on the crew will stick IMHO, and one of the 3 other male staff was really good…Pedro…

Complaints are limited to the following: it’s slippery, it’s gaudy (decor), the pool is deeper, my ass doesn’t like some chairs, new pool chairs while cool and trendy are not practical for tanning both sides, time share folks are everywhere in the lobby all the time and are a bit more aggressive and follow up more…which if you’re a sales person you can admire, but still annoying AF

What I liked as far as improvements:
    Beer selection is actually a verb you can use
    No reservations (except for SHE and the hibachi table at the Asian), they didn’t screw up the Italian restaurant
    The bartenders are awesome, Saby around the pool bringing me drinks,
    The view from bash at night and the “not-tub” which is the not hot tub next to bash
    Room service
    Wifi pretty much everywhere even if it does cut out every now and then.
    With a bigger pool comes a bigger bar…they had it well staffed
    Bigger selection of music – but still got repetitive

Take it or leave it:
    Beds are hard, good for some things, not so good if you like sleeping on a pillow
    Size of the pool…it’s massive and makes a long walk to the washroom depending on which side you’re on
    TV’s around the pool…was useful on Sunday during football games but that’s it
    Foam party…sounds so fun…but not really that much fun just having bubbles everywhere…but loud music is good
    Room style…meh…don’t care because I’m doing things in there that start with the letter “S”; sleeping, shaving, showering…and well…you know the other things…they’re both dirty in a way

I could keep going, but I’d like to think this gives a good picture of our experience.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. shaw&sher

shaw&sher Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 1
    Saby is awesome by far our favorite.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. lochnavar

lochnavar Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 0
    As a female, feel the same about rooms!!! Sleep, sh#g, light for make-up.... all I really need!

As a smoker that won't smoke in our room.... I am a bit concerned about the blinds though.....

4. bearhug

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Blinds can go in the take it or leave it category. Open or closed, nothing in the middle. The positive is they are pretty good at being blackout blinds if you don't want any light in the morning.

5. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Awesome trip report. Looking forward to seeing you again. No longer need to go on adventures over the road to Starbucks now they have their own coffee bar!

6. Captain Blue Eyes

Captain Blue Eyes I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 0
    Great report!! Looking forward to seeing you and having a beverage or two......three.....

7. MarknDebbie

MarknDebbie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    She is the best. Such a sweetheart

8. bearhug

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Yes I forgot to add on the plus side...the coffee bar...good coffee, espresso, little bites too if you need a quick snack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice