Treasure Hunt

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by mfox4, May 7, 2007.

1. mfox4

mfox4 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't ya hate that, Debbe? I can't tell you how many times I've seen 1047, 1097, 10667! (that was the worst!) It's enough to make a person crazy!

2. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a bunch of ones at home I will check for you tonight. I lived in Big Sky for about 5 years at the Ski resort from about 1981-1986, what a beautiful State, and I really miss the mountains too.

If I find one its yours!

3. mfox4

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Gonzo, you're in Minnesota? That's where I grew up. See if you can guess which town I'm from based on my high school fight song:

Fight, Fight ________, Fight
    Go, go Tornadoes
    Win, win Maroon and Gray
    We're with you tonight Tornadoes!

Fight, Fight to victory
    Team, team it's your game!
    Score, score, score
    and then score some more,
    Tornado men!

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have to be from the Halloween capital of the world then! ANOKA
    Did I win a cupie doll. I live in Red Wing now, but grew up in Golden Valley.

5. mfox4

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You win the Kewpie Doll! YES! :-o

Congratulations!

Golden Valley, huh? Did you go to Hopkins High School or Breck? Great schools, either one!

6. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope niether of those, I went to Armstrong High School. I went but I did everything I could to stay away from school. Me and school just didnt get along back then. I was more interested in the parking lot. :shock:

In fact going to Big Sky was my college education, until I was sick of being broke all the time, then I moved back to MN and got an education. Now all I need is a good Land Surveying position in Montana!!

I'll check my dollar bills when I get home. Have a great night.

7. mfox4

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The treasure hunt item for this afternoon is a parking ticket from the City of Billings. Montana. Well, I parked my car downtown at 1:30 and purposely didn't feed the meter. Went to lunch (Thai). After lunch, no ticket. Went shopping for shot glasses for Glen and Dawn. Found two! One from Yellowstone Park (Don't feed the bears) and another from a historic brewery in Helena, MT (capital of Montana) called Kessler Brewing Company, founded in 1865. This glass is shaped like a cowboy hat. Way cool! After shopping, still no ticket! Finally, I went back to the antique store at about 2:30 and asked the owner if she ever got any parking tickets. She said, "I just threw one in the garbage!" She dug it out of the garbage and let me have it. A $50.00 ticket for parking in a loading zone! Ouch!

She said she paid the city in pennies over the course of three months and had finally paid it off today!

Turns out, the City of Billings doesn't even ticket vehicles downtown on Wednesdays! I would have wasted an entire day downtown waiting to get a ticket! But I got one anyway!

Now I'm feelin pretty lucky....Where the heck is that 1067 dollar bill?

8. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dawn mailed out your package today. Couldn't find a "poster tube" large enough, so we sent it in a larger rectangular box. Sorry for getting carried away with the tape. :lol: Should be there by Saturday. Hopefully you will receive it on Friday.

I'm feel confident that between the folks on here and the folks there in Montana, that the "1067" bill will surface sometime before the end of the month.

9. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mfox I had about 15 ones and nothing even close :mad:
    I'll keep looking though. Funny ticket story.

10. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Leaving for Cancun in 9 days and I have been collecting dollar bills for tipping. Just put a reminder in my calendar to go through them tonight. Hope I find one for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice