Treasure Hunt

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by mfox4, May 7, 2007.

1. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto (for Greta)!!

Congratulations - I can't wait to see the new hunt in the fall!!

:wink:

2. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    QUADRUPLE DITTO FROM ME :lol:

Congratulations, glad you got something out of it for the hard work u put in :D

3. mfox4

mfox4 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys!

The other thing I should have mentioned was that the station manager called me later that day and told me how sorry he was that I didn't win. That was nice. He didn't have to do that.

One other thing, too-- a couple of months ago, the blind kid and his mom were at an event for the treasure hunt and I met them there. The mom (her name is Dee) told me that her son Cory was going to be participating in the Special Olympics soon and she was going to have to be out of town for one day. She said she was going to miss hearing the clues that day. I told her I would tell her the clues if she wanted to just give me a call. She did call me from the Special Olympics and I told her what the clues were.

Now I know she would have likely found out eventually from someone but I'm glad I helped her. You guys don't know me so well, so just let me tell you I'm a very competitive person. I like to W I N. Yes, I do. But there's also something very rewarding about being a decent human being and once in awhile, even in the heat of competition, I surprise myself by doing the right thing and this was one of those times!

Congratulations to Dee and Cory. I guess they're going to take a trip to visit friends and relatives somewhere. Awwwww.

Well, stay tuned because when the next treasure hunt begins, I'll post a new thread here titled Treasure Hunt II! :-o

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that you didn't end up winning the Treasure Hunt mfox4. Again it was a pleasure to help you out and we really appreciate the shot glasses that you sent. Your adventure was "riveting" and this thread became infectious to many here. Just as the others have mentioned... Dawn & I thank you for sharing your journey (Including your day with Margot).

We did just return from Cancun today, so if you need any more glasses...

:lol:

Congrats on your furniture certificate. You are most gracious knowing that the winner is also deserving. I do hope that you will visit us from time to time and most definitely let us know when TH2 comes around, or if there is anything else we can help you with.

5. mfox4

mfox4 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To see pictures of the Treasure Hunt Party, go to

http://www.planet1067.com/photogallery2.cfm?gallery=41

There is even a picture of my Alf Phone! (soon to be available on eBay)

and a picture of my live, borrowed black cat!

They have a picture of the winner and they list my name as a certificate winner.

Enjoy!

6. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pretty interesting pics

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love the pictures.. Thanks for sharing!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice