Travelling through Expedia?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by BrianL, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody here ever gone to cancun through Expedia?
    Did you have any troubles???

They have the best price for the hotel we want to go, but the problem is that they have no reps down there at the hotels. I'm used to travelling through companies like TNT and Apple, who have reps at the hotels. Just nervous about being alone with it.

And I know there affiliated with this site, but how reliable are the Entertainment Plus people with roundtrip transfers to and from the airport? They have great prices.. 65 dollars for 4-7 people.

Finally... are there any travel agents that use Expedia that would have reps down there?

Any feedback would be appreciated... thank you.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Expedia are a pretty big company so I wouldnt have too many worries. In many cases companies that dont have reps in resort will hire in local reps, so they do have a presence it's just they dont wear the uniform. I'm not sure on Expedia though.

Entertainment Plus are affiliated with this site so I'll let others comment as to whether they think they are a good service or not, I certainly think they are.

You could try a search using the terms "Brant" "Usa+Transfers" or "entertainment+plus" to bring up independent experiences of their services.

3. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I booked through expedia to cancun and they had reps from american express for us. They were very helpful and I would surely book through expedia again, depending on price of course.

4. lioness8674

lioness8674 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went 2 years ago through Expedia, stayed at the Krystal - had a great time no problems, I booked the shuttle through them and it was a Best Day shuttle that picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. I also booked the Garrafon park all inclusive with them it was also through Best Day. There was a Best Day rep in the lobby of the hotel so there were no issues.

5. attfam1

attfam1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't used Expedia for Cancun trip but did use them last year when we went to Cabo and a few years back for Hawaii. No problems what so ever. Just make sure you read the fine prints because sometimes the resort may charge an extra resort fee not included in the price. This happened in our Hawaii trip but Expedia disclosed it and we were not surprised when we got there.

6. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I traveled to Cancun through Expedia last summer and had no problems.

Also used the transfer through entertainment plus....TOP NOTCH, great price and only one stop...YOURS :D

Enjoy your trip :!:

7. BillysWife

BillysWife Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used Expedia this past Aug. to book RPLA and liked it so well we are coming again in 2 week. I guess its a repete. LOL No problems at all they use Best Days tours. They had a person in the lobby every day from 7 am to about 6 and sometimes 7pm.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Entertainment Plus and Expedia

I always check Expedia before traveling and if their prices are the best I never hesitate to use them. That said, on my Expedia trips I cannot remember ever having a problem.

Brant, the owner of Entertainment Plus, is a personal friend of mine and I have known him for about 10 years. I know the people who work in his office. I know the care and attention to detail that he and his staff go to in order to insure that everything goes as close to perfect as possible.

I know that Trina, who is his main office person, has been making the rounds of the various tours and programs that E+ offers, so that she can better answer the questions of the travelers with first hand knowledge of the programs that they sell. And, if they don't know the answer to something, they get the answer and call you back or email it to you.

I took her recently to the "swim with the dolphins" at Plaza La Isla when her husband was sick and unable to go with her. I am going to a night fishing tour that they offer next week.

I know that occasionally people have left glasses, cameras, cell phones, etc. in the vans on their way to the airport when leaving Cancun and that Brant or Trina have asked me to take them to the U.S. (I travel back and forth monthly) to take these items to the U.S. and send them to their customers.

All that said, I can wholeheartedly recommend Entertainment Plus because I know the people, know their products/services and know their attention to detail. Another great reason is that E+ is locally owned and operated so if you have an issue, you can talk to a real human, including the owner, and get instant results if you have an issue or problem.

Finally, I know that they have great prices that are hard to beat because they are not some huge entity with layer after layer of employees who contribute to high overhead which leads to higher prices.

9. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you everyone

I've decided to go through with it and book the trip through Expedia. And I plan to book the transfer through Entertainment Plus.

I can't wait and thank you all from CancunCare again..... You guys never fail to come through with answers, no matter how obvious they may be.

10. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Brian....just noticed you are from R.I. too :!: :!: :!:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice