Travelling From Toronto..help

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kristy, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Kristy

Kristy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I feel so torn with these new regulations, does anyone know if fully vaccinated do we have to stay in TO to quarantine or can we return home? I feel this is nuts seeing as we do a covid test 72hrs prior ,,,gawd the stress
    TIA

2. JenEric

JenEric Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are torn as well and may end up cancelling our trip which is 13 days away. :( Our understanding is that we need to get tested before our return flight. We get tested again once we land in Canada (TO) for us. Then head home and isolate until we get the results. That's only if the government doesn't change the rules until then. ‍:confused:

3. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    Test required on arrival in Canada and Covid jail at government determined hotel at your expense until you get results .
    Unless you fly through the US then it’s a free pass collect 200$ as per Monopoly and head for home I think .:D

4. A&C Can

A&C Can Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +340 / 1
    We are from NB and just returned thru Toronto... it was actually pretty easy, if you prepared beforehand. We did our Covid tests at the resort within the 72hr window before return flight (actually about 48hrs before). Once you have your result(was within 12hrs) you complete your ArriveCan app submission. We were asked when checking in for our flight to show proof of a neg test, and a copy of the Mexico Health questionnaire that you should do online within 12hrs of flying, and that was pretty much it. Did not have to test again when landing in Canada... were able to go right to our connecting flight. Not sure what happens if you end up with a positive covid test tho...
    In the ArriveCan app you have to lay out a isolation plan should it be required, for when you do get back to Canada (I am guessing this is if you get asked to take a random rapid test by CBSA and test positive)... hope this helps

5. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10

The new rules were implemented today , all international travellers entering Canada have to take a Covid test and enter Covid jail until you get results , all on your dime .

6. A&C Can

Ratings:
    +340 / 1
    The way I read the new rules, they only apply if you are entering from one of the 10 African Countries identified... otherwise, status quo. But maybe I'm wrong

7. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
  8. A&C Can

Ratings:
    +340 / 1
    I see it now... wasn't in the other article I read. I stand corrected.

9. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0
    This world has gone crazy. None of this is scientifically justified or warranted, government over reach! I feel sorry for Canadians, British and Australians, but have no confidence our US politicians might follow suit. We need more demonstrations worldwide or this will become the new norm.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  10. Randall A.

Randall A. Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    It's very sad. I do live in the States but even having to get a Covid test before I return home sux's. What is everyone that wants to travel moving forward going to do. This stuff is never going away. I believe it's here to stay forever. I personally think the mask have hurt our body's from being able to fight off these viruses. Can't wear mask forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice