Travelling Canadians.. Finally!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SharonTerry, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Kristy

Kristy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    The arrivecan app is only needed when we arrive back to Canada, or do we need this to depart T.O?

2. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    Just to come back

3. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Be nice to the person doing the test and tip you will get the answer you need to get home just saying !!

4. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    While there was no hint of any immediate changes I have been happy to see that the federal covid reps on tv are now being questioned about the removal of the mandatory PCR test to return to Canada (3 times in the last day).

The general response seems to be that they are actively discussing it but since we are at the peak of the 4th wave it isnt happening now. Apparently 0.2% ( 1 in 500) of fully vaccinated travelers are testing positive when taking the return PCR test.

We are anxiously waiting for our February trip but like many, cant really risk a positive test result to return and being stuck there

5. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    We won't see this until the new year. My guess is after March. Governments are not fast, and between being cautious and not having a national covid passport program (yet) I doubt we'll see the restriction go away before March.

6. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 1
    This is good to hear they’re talking about it at least. It’s really the same thing keeping us in Canada as well. Getting stuck is really not an option.

We’re booked for December, but will likely slide it to March.

7. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We were booked for November, we should be counting down under 30 days now but we just rebooked for next November. If they remove that testing rule sooner, we'll obviously go ASAP!

8. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Well, we decided to go all in! We're booked for November 20th to 27th.
    We'll report on how all the apps and tests and crazy shit obligations went when we get back... if we get back! ;)
    Can't wait to get back and meet new and old friends!

9. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    I clicked on Way-up North Canada and apparently we're neighbours :D We'll be at TTR from November 12th-22nd, if you see us we'll buy the first round :cool:

10. TCAST

TCAST Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    We were at Temptation in August 2021. We were actually in Mexico for 18 days lol
    Mexico City to Puebla to Cancun stayed at the Golden Parnassus for 2 nights as TTR was sold out, and then to TTR.
    We made sure that we had completed the Health questionnaire to exit Mexico as that will be asked for at security.
    Also the arrive can app honestly was pretty straightforward.
    Upload passport pics, upload vaccine certification, upload negative test results.
    When we were at TTR the PCR testing was being offered by the resort for 165$ USD per person.
    I had done some research prior and knew that across the street at the Chopo they did testing as well and it was $120 USD per person. I went across to inquire how long results were and was told if we were tested on Tuesday I would have results by Thursday. Which would have been ample time for my scheduled flight back to Toronto on Friday at 1pm.
    But then I went to the walk in clinic next door and spoke to the nurse. Cost there was $ 150 USD per person, however if Tested Tuesday before 2pm, results would be emailed to me by Tuesday night at MIDNIGHT.
    This was the option we went with, as my mentality was hypothetically had either of our results come back positive on Tuesday at midnight. We had time to test again, with the hopes of the testing being a false positive and the 2nd test coming back negative.
    Some of my friends think that way of thinking was crazy and expensive. Lol..
    Yes sure it would have been however would have been worth it to get home as scheduled.
    Needless to say negative results on the Tuesday, did the arrive can app before passing out Tuesday evening.
    And Wednesday and Thursday we partied like rock stars because we knew we were good to go.
    We are booked for Feb 17 to 28, 2022. Would be a beautiful thing if mandatory PCR testing was lifted. Time will tell. But hoping to see and meet all you sexy people on this vacation and have an amazing SHIT SHOW WEEK.
    Cheers
    Michelle and Luc

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice