Traveling With Vapes

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JandD, Aug 24, 2021.

1. JandD

JandD Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, so I apologize if not…
    But has anyone travelled to TTR from the US with MJ vapes recently that can offer your experience?

Before I get crushed, I know it’s illegal, I know I could end up in jail, and I know you can get removed from the resort….
    I’m not looking for any of that to happen, which is why I’m trying to get some real, recent feedback. Curious how you flew with it, went through customs, etc….
    I’m not trying to ruin anyone else’s vacation while I am there, and honestly, nobody will ever know that I am doing it, just trying to enhance mine if I can..
    Can PM if not comfortable talking about it here…
    And I appreciate any insight.

2. choffman2k

choffman2k Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Interested in the replies here. While I’ve easily traveled to legal and non-legal states with them, I’m pretty sure I’m erring on the side of caution and not taking them to Mexico.

3. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Just search there are a lot of posts on it. Most people just pack it in their suit case and hope for the best. Odds of getting caught or low if you are bringing just a couple but it's not zero. Don't do anything stupid like trying to overtly hide it. Xray machines use AI to detect stuff. Sticking some cartages in a block of coffee is the same as wearing a tee shirt that says I'm smuggling drugs. I've read stories about shampoo bottles, shoes, hollowed out bibles. Basically if it looks like you're trying to hide something then it's going to light up like a christmas tree to them. It's your choice on the risk, you're crossing international lines, a smuggling charge carries major jail time, in both directions. It's rare, but it happens.

4. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    From what we know, Mexico recently decriminalized cannabis (I think something like less than 20 grams). It's not worth the fight to them.

However, like we would tell any American, if it's found you are now fair game for some fines and a little good ol' harassment by Mexican officials. For something like a disposable pen that's pre-loaded....meh...I'd feel comfortable but if you're bringing in supplies, multiple cartridge's, ect....you might want to rethink. No one will throw you in jail over a small amt. Don't forget about the dogs they have roaming around in the CUN airport near the luggage. We've seen them on every visit.

5. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    It's in limbo right now. It's legal-ish in small amounts with a permit to have it or grow it, due to a Mexican supreme court ruling. There is no process to issue those permits. It's still illegal to sell, distribute, or import it. It's still illegal for recreational use or growing without a permit. The last I saw the court has ordered the government to issue the permits to any adult who requests it.

6. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    fair enough...thank you for the clarification. ;). Good thing all we do is drink lol.

7. choffman2k

choffman2k Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Exactly all of this. Whenever I fly out of Denver...I'll just toss it in my bag. The worst that happens here is that they'll make you toss it out. Police aren't coming for that kind of thing at the airport, and they've made that clear. Flying into Mexico is a whole different ballgame though...I'll just go with the plentiful amount of booze at the resort in October.

8. RobandSarah

RobandSarah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Of course I would never do this as it's illegal and I don't think it's smart for one to incriminate themselves online but a friend;) went from the US to cancun/Temptation with 2 cartridges. The cartridges were new and wiped down with alcohol wipes. They put the two cartridges in with a bunch of toiletries in their carryon/personal bag and put the battery in a separate pocket of the personal bag along with chargers and battery packs for charging phones. They had no problem going through the airport, although they think they may have accidently skipped customs. They went through the first round of immigration but when expecting to go through customs, they were directed by employees to certain doors. They then walked out the door and down the hall just let to outside. A security staff with a dog walked by before they went through those doors, which definitely caused them some anxiety but they were fine. At the resort, they mainly hit the vape on their room balcony or discreetly at bash. When it is time to leave, do not try to bring the vape with you. You can bring the battery but not the cartridges, just toss em or gift them to someone.

With all of this said, there is always some risk. So weigh the risk for yourself. I am only sharing this as I know MJ can be quite medicinal for some and can really help one enjoy themselves better and if they are going to do it regardless, might as well hear how it went for others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice