Traveling to Cancun/Cozumel with E-Cigs

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NC Gal, Oct 27, 2015.

1. NC Gal

NC Gal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering if anyone had experienced any difficulties taking e-cigs (mods that contain batteries) through security in Cancun or Cozumel airports. I know the US recently banned having these packed in luggage (because they contain batteries), but they are acceptable in carry on items. Anyone know of any problems encountered entering or exiting Mexican security?

2. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    No problems at all, just the American Airlines now required them only in carryon baggage

3. NC Gal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never had a problem either but I haven't been to Mexico in awhile and wondered if things had changed. Thanks for the update.

4. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    Not e cigs but mrs does travel with some battery operated "items" and never had a prob unless that's change since january

5. NC Gal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The TSA in the US issued an advisory in mid-October that e-cig batteries could no longer be placed in luggage (cargo hold) but rather had to be in carry on bags. This was specific to e-cigs and I think the concern is that they contain lithium batteries but that's the extent of what I know. :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice