Traveling from Cancun to PDC

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ateparker, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ateparker

ateparker Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the best way for 2 people to travel from Cancun airport to Playa Del Carmen?

2. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a very tiny link near the bottom of this page that Sez airport transfers. It's a good place to start

3. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there's the image links for entertainment plus and cancun valet and they have prices one way and round trip from the airport and PDC. Plus the live chats are quick response for any questions

4. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CHEAPEST way is to take the air-conditioned ADO bus.

Click here ---> http://mapchick.com/to_hotel.html

Also...(PM me if you want a good Playa Del Carmen site that gives great information.)

BUS TRANSPORTATION FROM CANCUN AIRPORT TO PLAYA
    The costof public bus service from the Cancún airport to Playa del Carmen is $65 pesos or $7USD per adult and $33 pesos per child one-way. It is run by ADO, and it is the ONLY bus service from the airport to Playa. You can’t miss the bus - it’s a big gray and red ADO bus, and it is non-stop service. The tickets are sold in the luggage pick-up area and at a small booth just before you exit Terminal 2 (commercial international airlines and domestic arrival terminal). I have read that there are also tickets sold in Terminal 1(charter terminal. You can take the free shuttle (8am-8pm) over to Terminal 2. It leaves just outside and to the right of the exit area. Look for the van with ASUR on the side. You can also buy tickets on the bus. It is parked and waiting at the far south end of Terminal 2 where they have built a new 'bus stop'. It makes about 10 trips a day between the two points, and there is plenty of room for luggage underneath, and yes it is air-conditioned. The bus will drop you off at the main bus station in Playa on the corner of Benito Juarez and 5th Ave. This is right next to a taxi stand if you need to go on from there and 2-3 blocks from the ferry dock.
    Time schedule for bus Airport to Playa:
    9:30 10:30 11:45 12:45 13:45 14:45 15:45 16:45 17:45 19:00 20:30
    Playa to Airport:
    8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:15

5. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    an update to TBonita's post,
    terminal 1 is now closed and there is now a terminal 3.
    if you land at 3, there are free shuttles to terminal 2 and the bus.

6. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gracias Laura !

I meant to add the part about Terminal 3 but forgot.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did Tbonita also forget that you can buy your tickets right at the bus so you don't have to go inside of Terminal 2?

And if you take the Azur shuttle from T3 and T2, the buses are at the left end of the T2 building or to your left when you get off the shuttle.

8. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI, this past week the bus fares on the ADO buses between Playa, Puerto Morelos and Cancun have increased. Here is the new fare structure.
    Between Playa and Cancun - 36 pesos
    Between Puerto Morelos and Playa or Cancun - 18 pesos
    Between the airport and Puerto Morelos - 40 pesos
    Between the airport and Cancun - 35 pesos
    Between the airport and Playa - 80 pesos

Frank in Puerto Morelos

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice