Travel Trailer Repair

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Alma Libre, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were just 25kms from home on our 7000km trip from Calgary when some nut driving a city truck attempted a U turn in the lane beside us in Playa. His extra-long load of electricity poles crossed over into our lane and struck our travel trailer punching a hole in the side of it. (It could have been us he punched a hole in had it come through the cab!)

Now were faced with the question, who fixes these things down here? Our insurance company is directing us to auto body shops, but this is really more of a wood repair.

Hoping someone from Paamul might know? Gracias!

[​IMG]

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob,

You might want to ask this question to the operators of the campground in Cancun. It is between the ferries to Isla and Punta Sam. It is called Mecoloco.

998-843-0324

campincancun@yahoo.com.mx

Good luck,
    T.J.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob - The woman who writes this blog:
    http://www.hopalog.com/ lived in PaaMul for a while. And from the sounds of it she knows a bunch of folks there. Her Contact Us link is in the upper right. You might see if she knows someone who can help.

4. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gracias

Thanks for the tips. I will chase down all leads.

We took it to a place the insurance company recommended yesterday and they wouldn't touch it.

The insurance is willing to pay, but finding someone to do the work may be a challenge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice