Travel Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Always.smiling2018, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Terryl

Terryl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    info@americanvisitorinsurance.com

This is the company I purchased the insurance through. When you get confirmation email it has link to print insurance card and coverage. The voyager plan had best coverage.

2. Bob & Stacy

Bob & Stacy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    I work for a medical insurance company in the US. Your American plan only covers “accidents that could result in loss of life or limb” so slipping on the slick shower floor and breaking your wrist will not be covered.
    If you need a hospital, there is an Amerimed Hospital in Cancun. Their website will suggest they are in your network but they likely are not. A lot of the employees are Americans and speak English. Their prices are more like America than Mexico too however. They won’t let you leave the hospital until you have paid your bill.
    I’ve never bought a global travel plan but if you can’t afford a few thousand dollars for an emergency, you might consider it.
    If you have an employer sponsored life insurance plan, you may have a benefit that will fly you and your spouse home if you are hurt. It won’t help if you get sick, but it will help with travel accidents.
    Enough insurance for now!

3. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    We have always purchased through SquareMouth.com which seems to be pretty cheap for my wife and i. Based on my research online and what others suggested, I always take the below numbers for our policy. I believe on our last 5 day trip, i only paid $36 total for two people.

Coronavirus Cancellation Trip Cancellation not selected
    Coronavirus Medical Included in Emergency Medical
    Cancel For Any Reason No coverage, This benefit is separate from Trip Cancellation
    Trip Cancellation Not selected
    Trip Interruption Trip Cancellation required
    Hurricane & Weather Trip Cancellation not selected
    Terrorism Trip Cancellation not selected
    Financial Default Trip Cancellation not selected
    Employment Layoff Trip Cancellation not selected
    Cancel For Medical Reasons Trip Cancellation not selected
    Emergency Medical $250,000 per person, Primary coverage
    Pre-Existing Condition No coverage, Pre-existing look-back period 90 days
    Medical Evacuation & Repatriation $1,000,000 per person
    Travel Delay $2,000 per person, $150 daily limit, Covered after 6 hour delay
    Baggage Delay $600 per person, Covered after 8 hour delay
    Baggage & Personal Items Loss $2,500 per person, $300 per item, $500 specific items limit
    Missed Connection $1,000 per person, Covered after 3 hour delay, Cruise only
    24 Hour AD&D $25,000 per person
    Flight Only AD&D $50,000 per person
    Sports & Activities Covered, Limitations apply
    Sports Fees Trip Cancellation not selected
    Rental Car Damage No coverage
    Money Back Guarantee No coverage
    24 Hour Assistance Service 24 hour assistance provided
    Renewable Policy Not renewable

4. AbigayleHolland

AbigayleHolland Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When selecting a provider, it's important to read reviews from other travelers who have used their services. Check if they have a good reputation for handling claims and providing assistance in case of emergencies. You may consider visiting reputable websites or consulting with insurance agents who specialize in travel insurance or international health insurance, such as portland Insurance. They may have resources and expertise to help you make an informed decision based on your specific needs and destination. Ultimately, travel health insurance can provide you with peace of mind and protection against unexpected medical expenses while traveling. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    there was a post years ago, where I think @Steve said if tourists had to use a hospital in Cancun, to use Galenia preferably over Hospiten.

Just wondering if anyone has had to use either hospital (or any other) while in Cancun, and what was the experience like?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice