Travel Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Always.smiling2018, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Always.smiling2018

Always.smiling2018 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    We leave this Thursday for a week. I have never purchased travel health insurance, but this trip I'm strongly considering it. What company do you use and has anyone had to utilize it and was it easy?

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    There’s a good company called Square Mouth for comparing policies. Thankfully, haven’t had to make any claims yet.

3. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    If you have insurance with work, check to see if you have travel coverage there. We always purchased travel insurance on every trip we've taken only to find out I already had coverage through work and didn't realize it!

4. cheifboy

cheifboy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just purchased travel guard 190 for 2 for 10 days

5. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
    Be sure to ask what is covered, all policies are not the same, if you’re looking covid coverage ask for it specifically.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    We have, and haven't purchased insurance in the past. Lately have not been buying. Last year we had to go home a day early for a emergency medical issue with our daughter. The airline did not charge us anything for making the switch. We didn't even worry about TTR, but I did contact them later, and they said they would compensate us with some money to use at the spa or something like that on our next visit.

Another year we cancelled our vacation completely about a month before we were to go. That was the year TTR was closed, and we booked Breathless, or wherever it was the group was going. We used Orbitz. Orbitz refunded our room without a problem, and gave us a voucher for our airline refund, that we had one year to use.

I don't know what would have been the result with insurance, but we were happy with those results.

7. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
    Big difference between trip cancellation and travel medical coverage. The issues you described are trip cancelation.

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I guess I didn't read the health part very close in the OP.

9. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    We are shopping for medical coverage after realizing our (and most) medical coverage wont cover anything out of the states. Would anyone happen to have good information on recommended coverage. My big concern is medical care and medical evacuation & repatriation. There seems to be a lot of options and I have no idea what these costs might be

10. Terryl

Terryl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    We used Trawick international. The voyager policy. They cover medical including covid. They also cover quarantine costs for 150.00 per person per day. Also emergency and medical evacuation are covered. It also included baggage loss, trip interruption, trip delay and trip cancellation for covered reasons. I did a lot of research and this was most comprehensive coverage I could find. It was 208.00 total for 2 people for 10 days

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice