Transportation from Cozumel to Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Cape Couple, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the advice...By the way, Karan, from the looks of the message board, you're quite a fan of BBG, but it looks a little too "crazy" for us...we were thinking more along the lines of Golden Parnassus or Riu Cancun. Any thoughts on those - or other - places we ought to consider?

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I do like BBG but the main reason I have beeen there so many times (63) is because my boyfriend works there.

It can be a bit crazy but they do have a quiet side if you aren't into all the games and such.

I have stayed at the Riu and absloutely loved it. I would recommend it to anyone.

I haven't stayed ot the Golden Panassus so can't be of much help on that one but I have't heard anything but good things about it.

3. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cape couple

Look into MLT/ Worry Free

They fly out of St. L to Cancun, Air only or package. We've used them the last 1/2 dozen times and they are great. I compared them to Apple, same dates and hotel even the same flight and apple was over $500 more.

Package includes RT transfer to PDC. Ferry to Cozumel is 10.50 I think.

It doesn't look like they fly to Cozumel from St Louis. But from Denver they do and we got $99 PP air only as we are renting a condo in PDC.

Jimmy

4. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Re: Cape couple

Thanks for the info, Jimmy. That's a fantastic price out of Denver...makes me wonder if it's worth getting a flight to Denver then catching a $99 connection to COZ, lol. I think I can do USA3000 from STL to Cancun non-stop for around $210pp rt and taking the bus to the Cozumel ferry which would be a lot less than if we took Continental into Cozumel with one stop for around $250pp one way.

Maybe what I'll do is get all my flight and hotel possibilities together - including the pricing I've found - and take it all to a local travel agent and say "beat it."

5. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    SIXTY-THREE TIMES???!!!! OMG! It's no wonder you're the BBG "expert"! When do you find time to practice (spouse is an attorney, too)? How have you managed to keep track of all your trips there? I'd lose track after the third or fourth visit, lol.

We have friends who highly recommend the Riu Cancun having stayed there several times, but we're a little wary of the fact that the Riu resorts are open to children & families. We like the "adults only" appeal of the Golden Parnassus, although we're a little disappointed that it doesn't have a swim-up bar. On past vacations to places like Couples Negril, the Riu Palace and the Barcello Maya we've found that swim up bars are great places to meet other people. :D

6. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    SIXTY-THREE TIMES???!!!! OMG! It's no wonder you're the BBG "expert"! When do you find time to practice (spouse is an attorney, too)? How have you managed to keep track of all your trips there? I'd lose track after the third or fourth visit, lol.

We have friends who highly recommend the Riu Cancun having stayed there several times, but we're a little wary of the fact that the Riu resorts are open to children & families. We like the "adults only" appeal of the Golden Parnassus, although we're a little disappointed that it doesn't have a swim-up bar. On past vacations to places like Couples Negril, the Riu Palace and the Barcello Maya we've found that swim up bars are great places to meet other people. :D

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are looking for adults only, your options are the BBG, Le Blanc, Golden Parnassus or the new Royal Cancun. When Sun Palace opens (can't remember if it is open yet or not but I don't think so), it will not only be adults only, but couples only as well.

BBG has the "racy" games and sexy atmosphere, Golden Parnassus has a huge fan club but they are pretty honest about the facilities being a little old, clean and safe but old. The new Royal looks fantastic! Le Blanc is sophisticated and luxurious but on the quiet side.

8. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu

We stayed at Riu Cancun 2 years ago after Wilma shut down the Westin. Had a great time. First and only time at an AI. There really wern't alot of kids.

As for the Wesitin, returned for a fith time last Nov. Obviously we love it. It's the first stop from the airport. Not near the party center but who cares when the busses pass by about every 5 minutes. And they added a swim-up bar during remodel :lol:

In PDC we are staying at the Xaman Ha condo hotel. Swimup bar,
    1 bedroom and on the beach, 5 min from ferry and downtown :lol:

$775 for the week!

Jimmy

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I work my butt off while I'm here in Cincy and have a cell phone in Cancun and check in with myoffice regularly.

Ad really it's BBG who keeps track of how many time I've been there...they have a record of each and every visit. They always tell me when I check in what visit I'm on and have done some very nice things for on certain visits.

10. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi, CancunCanuck...thanks for the input about the adults-only AI's in Cancun. As you said, BBG can be racy (which is fine if you're in the mood for spring break) and based on trip reports we've read, Le Blanc seems TOO quiet for our tastes (not to mention pretty pricy for our budget!). As for the Royal Cancun, the reports I've read on tripadvisor.com sound great, but the rates are quite a bit more than we'd like to spend (starting around $400 on the low end to around $1,200 a night...cha-ching!!). We haven't heard much buzz yet about the Sun Palace since its reopening (if it has, indeed, reopened) which pretty much leaves us with the Golden P (which sounds fine to us, unless you do it in the swimming pool, ha ha).

Seriously, the majority of the reports and reviews we've read seem to acknowledge that the Golden Parnassus shows its age here and there, but the customer service and atmosphere seem to more than make up for the signs of age, as well as the fact that there's no swim up bar. Hopefully, even without the swim up bar, we can find a few folks to party with there!
    :lotsofmichaelf:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice