Transportation from Cozumel to Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Cape Couple, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My husband and I are mapping out a vacation that will split our time between Cozumel and Cancun. We plan to fly into Cozumel (we like that airport much better than the one in Cancun) and spend a couple of nights there so my husband can do some scuba diving with a dive operator he knows there. Then we want to take the ferry and head up the road to Cancun for five more nights at one of the AI's in the Hotel Zone before flying home out of Cancun (we're booking one-way flights each way).

My question is, once we take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, how do we make our way up the highway to Cancun? Are there busses? Shuttles? Taxis? And does anyone know how much they cost, how often they run, and where we get picked up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please post your response here and/or e-mail me at jwolz@sehosp.org or jwolz@charter.net

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ther are buses thst run just about every hour allday between Playa nd Cancun.

I think it's something like $3.50-5.00 per person. I forget excatly how much we paid last time we took that bus.

You could always do the taxi thing but it would be much more expensive as would hiring a private transport.

In my opinion, the bus is just fine.

3. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow...thanks for the quick reply, Karan!

BTW, we're new to this message board and my husband asked what exactly you do as a "moderator"...can you fill him in?

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A taxi from Playa to the hotel zone in Cancun is about $50.00 USD

The bus is about $3.50.

When you get off the ferry in Playa walk straight up the hill to 5th Avenue to the bus station.
    Very nice, comfortable, air conditioned bus, it takes about 45 - 60 minutes to get to Cancun.

What does Karan do as a moderator?

She keeps the rest of us in line, she makes sure we all behave,
    and if you get out of line she'll rough you up!
    :whip:

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Well, first of all, Welcome to Cancuncare.

The hope is that as a Moderator I don't hav to do much at all except read.

I read the posts to make sure there isn't anything in them that shouldn't be...like explicit or foul language. If there is then I edit it out and leave a warning for th eperson who wrote the post that whatever was there is not acceptable here at CC.

On occasion I, and the other Mods, had had to play referee when there were threads that got out of hand. An example would be if someone was attacking another person persoanlly or something of that nature. Thankfully that does not happen often her.

I also delete the SPAM thread that pop up every day.

That about covers it.

6. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    A follow-up question, Karan (or anyone else for that matter)...

How much luggage are we allowed to bring on the bus from Playa to Cancun? I'm guessing we'll each have a fairly large suitcase plus a "carry-on" type bag each...any problem bringing suitcases on the bus?

Thanks...

Cape Couple

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think you'll have a problem.

My boyfriend and I each had a suitcase and a carry on one time we took the bus to Playa for a few days and it wasn't a problem at all.

8. Cape Couple

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks again, Karan. You've been very helpful.

Now we just have to hunt around and find our best flight options out of St. Louis. Looks like our best bets are Continental (or maybe AA) to Cozumel on 5/29 (with a stop in either Houston or Miami) and USA3000 non-stop from Cancun back to St. Louis on 6/5.

Seems like most of the major travel sites - orbitz, cheapfares.com, expedia, etc. - have pretty much the same pricing for the airfare.

Speaking of flights, i see you're in Cincinnati which is now Cape Girardeau's new "hub" ... probably to keep Procter & Gamble happy. Anyway, it's just as easy for us to drive to STL instead of trying to make a connection in Cincinnati...

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shh.....we only tell people that AFTER they've reached 100 posts, LOL. :lol:

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might want to check into Vacation Express. I think they fly out of St Louis and I've gottenm some good deals on air through them. They also offer packages including air and resort if you need that.

Another one that does package deals is Apple vacations. They do sell air only (they use USA3000) but it's cheaper to book through USA3000 directly if you're just looking for air.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice